SAU Community

R32 Sedan Speakers

TTT

What is the factory size of the speakers in the front and back.

what direct replacements can I get.

if no direct replacement, can I get some speakers to replace them without too much mods to doors and parcel tray?

thanks

What is the factory size of the speakers in the front and back.

what direct replacements can I get.

if no direct replacement, can I get some speakers to replace them without too much mods to doors and parcel tray?

thanks

I cant remember what size the originals were, but it wasn't hard at all to get new ones in there. The hole in the door is big enough to get just about any speaker in there.

My 32 had a plastic mount that screwed onto to metal part of the door to hold the factory speakers in. All I did was unscrewed that off, and made up my own mount / surround for my 6 /12" Alpines out of like 3mm wood (dont know what type... just soft crap) and they hold in there perfectly.

Door trims go back overtop with the factory speaker grills... Wouldn't even know they were there...

My rear speakers are 6" coax's and they fit in there perfectly but the screw holes didnt match up, so I used a soft glue like hot glue to stop rattling and could only screw it in with 2 screws.

- Dave.

Edited by Crimpage

I'm not that well informed with speakers.

what do I want for the front and back.

2 way?

3 way?

which ones go where?

I just want something better than factory so I might even just buy cheapo sony speakers.

don't want a sub.

I need an amp I guess so for these 4 speakers, do I want a simple 4 channel amp?

The deck I am looking at states 208watts.

4 x 50 or something.

do I need an amp with that?

I'm not a big loud stereo fan.

just want to be able to hear music over exhaust and open windows without buzzing or distorsion.

Cheaper the better so what do you all recommend?

Double check the holes in the front as I can't remember whether they are 5 x 7 or 6 x 4. Either way JBL make small oval speakers - see below

http://www.strathfield.com.au/ViewProduct.asp?ProdID=997

http://www.strathfield.com.au/ViewProduct.asp?ProdID=998

The 5 x 7 set are supposedly pretty good for the price.

Any reasonably priced 3way 6.5in speaker should fit the bill for the rear. Just have a listen in the shop.

The 208w deck is enough if you don't require thumping levels of sound. Just make sure the factory Skyline front & rear amps are by passed as they suck terribly. Just run new speaker cable from the deck straight to the speakers.