SAU Community

...beside From Teaching English?

West

Hi all, just wondering beside from teaching English in Japan, what else do you guys do?

What's your job title? Is your company an Australia company that you were send over there....ect?

Then beside from making a living, what you do for entertaining? Drift, drag, clubbing, coastal drive......snowboard (my fav), shopping?

• 4 weeks later...

i work 13 hour days 6 days a week. in the evenings i drink and sleep at my girlfirends house then go to bed then get up for work again. on sundays i spend the whole day with my girlfriend.

on holidays i come back to aus and go snowboarding. Saturday nights i also go to trance clubs with my friends. something which is big over here.

i do a bit of photography, though not as much as i should.

go out and drink, learn calligraphy, hang out with my gf, take weekend trips, watch sumo (awesome!), eat, go car-watching, stagea-hunting, and basically just hang out. its just great that i get another handful of awesome experiences living here that i would just never get living in australia :P

i work 13 hour days 6 days a week. in the evenings i drink and sleep at my girlfirends house then go to bed then get up for work again. on sundays i spend the whole day with my girlfriend.

on holidays i come back to aus and go snowboarding. Saturday nights i also go to trance clubs with my friends. something which is big over here.

Isn't snowboarding are better in Japan than here in Australia?

ive got a burton board

in answer to your question ill let some of the following photos do the talking :P

well i was about to post a few pics but it seems i can only do one per post so here is what the street looked like this year outside of where we stay each year.

post-934-1138019937.jpg

actually 20 something people died this year because of the amount of snow which fell in niigata it was a record fall

jesus i want to go again soon. actually maybe i should go outside right now as my place is surrounded by snow :P

post-934-1138020455.jpg

Edited by akeenan

that looks like a nagaoka plate - nagaoka is the second biggest city in niigata (after niigata city), and one of the 'snow capitals' of an area that is renowned for deep snow.

so glad I'm in kansai now! hate that niigata snow...

A friend of mine (a keen boarder) who used to live near me in niigata used to go to area a lot (winter for boarding, summer for the koi) - but he reckoned the hokkaido powder was the best.

I'll take the sun, thankyouverymuch

yea right, thanks. yep hokkaido powder is insane. am just back from a trip up there. can't compare it to niigata but it's a world different from nagano, well worth the extra expense. an aussie dude bought some lifts at one of the biggest resorts up there called Niseko 2 years ago so there are heaps of aussies heading up there these days.

yea right, thanks. yep hokkaido powder is insane. am just back from a trip up there. can't compare it to niigata but it's a world different from nagano, well worth the extra expense. an aussie dude bought some lifts at one of the biggest resorts up there called Niseko 2 years ago so there are heaps of aussies heading up there these days.

You guys should check out Zao in Yamagata-ken. Been going there for the last ten years. Great slopes, too much snow as usual. Hokkaido is superb too, but only been to Sahoro. Reminded me of European slopes

• 2 weeks later...

Went to niagata recently and gotta say this year there was just as much powder there as there was in niseko last year. Infact they had to close some of the black runs and I got burried in deep, deep powder and it took me half an hour to dig my way out so id probably say more powder than hokaido last year. Going again this weekend! たのしめ

PS I am at work now and have nothing to do but add comments to this forum, as ive done my 2 classes today, smoked some cigarettes read the paper and done all my emails already.

free time is: Beer, snowboard, chu-hi, pool, Auctions, "girlfriend time", beach, windsurfing (also called "watch the dead fish flaoting by" or "challenge to stay on the stick of salvation or risk the crazzy skin conditions and possible hair loss")

taco-yaki eating

Edited by momo