SAU Community

Stero Install Help

davidl

Greetings all,

Installed a head unit in the R33 today, however i don't get any radio stations, am or FM, i brought the FM frequency convertor.. It plays CD's without a problem.. Have i missed something? is there an antenor fuse that might have blown? have i missed an earth? or is the deck dodgy.

Thanks

David

If you just installed it, is it an Aussie stereo or Jap? The frequency converter lowers or hightens (I forget) the frequency range that the stereo listens on.

So... it's to be used with a Jap stereo to listen on Australian radio.

If you have an aussie radio, don't use the converter.

Sorry if this isn't the case, but otherwise you can only start looking at the antenna wiring. Get a multi-tester and test the continuity from the plug to the antenna.

Come to think of it though... AM radio doesn't usually use an external antenna, and it's amplitude modulated... so in theory your frequency modulated converter shouldn't affect it. Now i'm stuffed. Do you get static? Or simply nothing at all?

this happened to me and i simply had screwed throgh the chip board by accident and didnt realise the screws were way too long.

i took the screws out and luckily it works fine

Installed a head unit in the R33 today, however i don't get any radio stations, am or FM, i brought the FM frequency convertor..

If you bought a new Australian head unit - you won't need a frequency converter..

you need a nissan double diversity adapter made by Aeropro AP358a (part no.) from autobarn which takes the 2 prong aerial from the nissan and has a single australian prong..

from what your saying - you put in a new head unit with a freq. converter which isn't needed.. the aerial is a plain old aerial - the HU controls the radio frequencies it receives..