SAU Community

Who Is Absolutly In Love With Their Stagea :)

AlexCim

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love mine but it hasn't really been drivable since early November and I'm getting really sick of pulling it apart and trying to put it back together over and over again. 

The comments from family and friends have now turned from praise to "your a fkn idiot why don't you just get a normal car", "you should have left it the way it was at least it was drivable"  etc

I can see my self cracking it soon and selling it.

ive pretty much felt that way since november 2004 :D walk past it everyday and jump in my pos vs berlina rattlebox, boy have i had issues and badluck, i think its this rb26 engine, cause i had major badluck with the VL when i had the rb26 in that, and now its all come to my stagea and im getting sick of it :)

just got my head back tonight and was checking the piston to valve clearance and something is majorly wrong, its lifting the head 4-5mm of the block, dunno if pistons r coming up to high or the valves are opening too far (11.35mm lift cams).

if i had not have spent sooo much with this build i'd be backing out about now thats for sure :P

not my lucky day, but hopefully that shall change soon B)

chin up ol' chap. Sufficient for the day are the sufferings thereof. Tomorrow may be better.

However head lift doesnt augur well for a quick installation. You piston cant come up too far unless you've doen some wierd stuff to the con rods. Dont have any specs on what your valve lift should be. Sounds like the timing is way out. I'd be checking the timing marks on the cam in relation to your crank

chin up ol' chap. Sufficient for the day are the sufferings thereof. Tomorrow may be better.

However head lift doesnt augur well for a quick installation. You piston cant come up too far unless you've doen some wierd stuff to the con rods. Dont have any specs on what your valve lift should be. Sounds like the timing is way out. I'd be checking the timing marks on the cam in relation to your crank

its a full JUN stroker kit, and the whole jun package was put together by the head guy at JUN in japan for a shops demo car in perth, so he selected the rods/pistons/crank/bearings/cams/etc as a whole setup.

ive been waiting 6 months for machining and finally i get the bits back and now either the rods r wrong, valves r opening too far for those shaped pistons, or who knows, its just hit me like a bus at the moment and im devastated, more bloody delays, and more money if i need shorter rods or whatever, and jun stuff aint cheap :P

Edited by CruiseLiner

That’s what I'm stuck driving at the moment while I’m trying to sort out the Stagea.  Notice it's exhaust sting on the trailer in the background.  The throttle cable broke the other day and I had to rig up an hand throttle with welding wire to get home.

and i thought i was doing it tough in my vs berlina... im in luxury :lol:

HAHAHAH

Ahh Chris, you are a classic. Bush Mechanics are where its at. I remember a bike ride i did from me to the beach one day, my bike broke to bits half way there so i used some wire, some metal sheet and some other things i found in the gutter to fix the bike.

a few cut fingers later, i got to the beach :(

its a full JUN stroker kit, and the whole jun package was put together by the head guy at JUN in japan for a shops demo car in perth, so he selected the rods/pistons/crank/bearings/cams/etc as a whole setup.

ive been waiting 6 months for machining and finally i get the bits back and now either the rods r wrong, valves r opening too far for those shaped pistons, or who knows, its just hit me like a bus at the moment and im devastated, more bloody delays, and more money if i need shorter rods or whatever, and jun stuff aint cheap  :P

Email sent regarding this problem, please let me know if you have not received it.

:( cheers :D

ive pretty much felt that way since november 2004  :O  walk past it everyday and jump in my pos vs berlina rattlebox, boy have i had issues and badluck, i think its this rb26 engine, cause i had major badluck with the VL when i had the rb26 in that, and now its all come to my stagea and im getting sick of it  :(

just got my head back tonight and was checking the piston to valve clearance and something is majorly wrong, its lifting the head 4-5mm of the block, dunno if pistons r coming up to high or the valves are opening too far (11.35mm lift cams).

if i had not have spent sooo much with this build i'd be backing out about now thats for sure  :mellow:

not my lucky day, but hopefully that shall change soon  B)

still a bit away from being a 10 second stagea i see...it just dosen`t get much funnier than this :blink: ...do please keep us informed ...and some more photo`s of parts sitting in the garage as well ..can`t get enough of those :blink:

Going well thanks Alex. I have a PFC waiting for a tune, pair of HKS dumps, nismo front pipe, cat back on the way from Jap, pair of nice turbos thanks to Keir Wilson, ARC twin entry 100mm cooler from a 32 cut I have in stock. Just looking for a set of mainfolds, pair of z32 afms and most likely a clutch soon. All in all should be a bit of fun to get around in.

Hows yours getting along?

Cheers,

Ken

Ive got a r33 turbo coupe, Do you guys find you recieve less hassles from the police with a stagea? What is the weight differance with the two cars? and how reliable is the 4wd on the 2.5 modle or should i say driveline in general? cheers