SAU Community

Congrats to Munro

Drift Spec

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right.If you must know.We did a photo shoot on Friday with the

EVO 7 vs a WRX Sti. Both the cars we quite evenly matched - the Suba had slightly more kw but is heavier than the EVO.We swapped cars for a while & the rex did feel heavier but was ok to drive.I do prefer the lighter feel of the EVO & it has more exclusivity being only 1 of 3 in Aust.

On the way back we lined them up at the lights & the road sloped

down a bit.I put the handbrake on to hold the car back & of course I forgot to release it on takeoff!! Go the big drag racer!!

I'll get him next time - but a win is a win & he won.

Thanks Mortin Donnan.

Originally posted by Munro

....I put the handbrake on to hold the car back & of course I forgot to release it on takeoff!! Go the big drag racer!!

I'll get him next time - but a win is a win & he won.

Thanks Mortin Donnan.

hehehehe, note to self, dont eat while reading SAU forum. I now have bits of spagetti on my monitor...:)

It's great fun to drive.I took it for a big hammer up through chain

of ponds to williamstown & on to birdwood tonight. It really blasts

through the corners.Definately has aftermarket CPU 'cause it goes

way over the 180 speedo.(they quote 256km top speed & I reckon it will do it.) Could not believe how many bugs were out there!I normally go through during the afternoon - but it was on dusk tonight & coming home I could barely see through the windscreen(must remember to fill washer bottle) at one point it was like driving in the rain.I think a bee farmer will be missing a few tomorrow, pulled a swarm of them out of the intercooler.

Maybe they weren't expecting a yellow EVO at warp speed.

Anyway it's all clean now & back in the shed unharmed, waiting to go out next week & find that cheeky STI & teach it a lesson.

I parked it right out the front of Yorke Mitsubishi the other day when I was getting an oil filter for it.I don't think the Salesman was too impressed as they still have 3 'new' EVO 6.5s in there.They would be 3 years old by now!!!

There is a very nice R34 Gtt in Main North Nissan for sale at the moment.They are also supposed to be getting an R34 GTR soon too!Scott (the salesman) said he might bring it out on one of our cruises to show it off & get a buyer for it.

Anyone seen another blue R34 GTR around?

I heard a rumour that a basketball player from interstate has moved here & has one with the std wheels on it.Cool. 2 blue ones.Be good to see them together.

Picked up the R33 today with the full roll cage fitted.Goes very close to the windscreen so we can fit the std dash back in.

I took the car straight to Impressive paint & panel.Darren is

painting the whole interior including the moly cage.Guess colour?

Bayside blue of course to match the R34.Eventually the outside will be done as well, but not till the engine has to come out for a check over, then he can do the whole engine bay at the same time.

Yeah - the bees would not have known what hit them - what a way to go though!!!

• 4 weeks later...

A truly kikass display at the Nat's.

Sadly I'm an old fart with no cash so the best time i ran was getting one of my kid's to the crapper. I don't think they will ever forget the sound(nor will I) of 2 9 sec. GTR's leaving the line

• 2 weeks later...

8's!!!!!!.That's like a car running 13's & wanting to break into the

10's!!!! It amazes me how people think that if a car runs 9's then

8's would be easy. It's an exponential curve upwards in cost & development once under 10.99 seconds on the 1/4.

I will be quite happy to run another 9.6 on Sat night if all goes well, then possibly the car will be put away for the winter.there may not be any meetings over winter & I am starting to get very busy with work.After all, no work = no cash, no cash = no play.

I am very happy with the R33, but have no intention of throwing huge gobs of cash at it just to gain a few tenths of a second.

I have seen plenty of guys get their race cars running the best they can with what they have & then running that same time for years(some of these are 11 & 12 second cars).

It has to get to a point where you just go out there & have fun with the setup you have.I am not interested in sponsorship & being told where & when to run my car.It's a toy & it should stay that way.Keir will be there on Sat night so should be fun.

I didn't comment for you to hav a go at me because you assumed something that I didn't assume in the first place (im confused already). It was a question....

Whats your plans in the future? Happy with it atm? Wanna go any faster? Is there a limit to what you can do with your current setup?

What about slicks?