SAU Community

Collinsvale Hillclimb

t01-100

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long does it take to recieve the appropriat cams licence.  Also where is a good place to put the fire extinisher?

You can get it on the day if need be but i would get it before hand.

Allow about 2 weeks but u will have your temporary one anyone if it doen'st trun up :P

yep, can get it on the day, nice to have it all sorted b4 hand though.

thinking of asking my old man if i can run the clubman :P will be on for donkey kong greg :P

EDIT: Savman, fire extinguisher has to be mounted SECURELY within reach from the drivers seat, ie. under your seat or something. has to be at least 900g dry chemical type (a red one) on a metal bracket.

Edited by bj_dove

yep, can get it on the day, nice to have it all sorted b4 hand though.

thinking of asking my old man if i can run the clubman :P will be on for donkey kong greg :P

EDIT: Savman, fire extinguisher has to be mounted SECURELY within reach from the drivers seat, ie. under your seat or something. has to be at least 900g dry chemical type (a red one) on a metal bracket.

Is that it for safety requirments? So rock up on the day, pay for your licence and screw a fire extinguisher to the floor? Cool.

XRATED - You'll need a battery locating sticker too. Just a blue triangle cut out of book covering 'contact' would do.

BOV - Thats soft! Your GTR would be awesome on that course.

Getting into the 49s is the plan this year.

Do get your CAMS, you have to be a member of a CAMS affiliated club don't you?

yep, joining a club like hobart sporting car club is the go because they are financial members of baskerville and you get cheaper private practice.

cheers

BJ,

I picked up a Quaife the other day. So will try to have that installed. Also did a set of stainless tuned pipes and 2.75 in system. I think its pumping a little harder now - but still gotta get it around that bloody bend eh? :)

PS: Stu I know Im soft but Im gunna have to wait until I scratch it first and it dont matter after that. Once the Mrs runs the mags into the curb I'll be right :D

Cheers

Have been helping a mate import an nice black R32 GTSt. We just picked it up from the docks & seeing it's as good as we though it would be hes giving it a tidy up this weekend and should be running the Hillclimb.

• 2 weeks later...
Have been helping a mate import an nice black R32 GTSt. We just picked it up from the docks & seeing it's as good as we though it would be hes giving it a tidy up this weekend and should be running the Hillclimb.

thought my ears where burning!! hi stu and everyone else. yes, fixing up the bodywork, not much to it since dad's good at that sort of thing (im hopeless)

took the car out to baskerville yesterday to see what ive got to play with. i dont think i was driving it correctly, i also wasnt thrashing it either. just wanted to give it abit but was breaking fairly early for the corners. had to remember which way the track went (haha). its been over ten years since i had a blast. was doing 1.15's i think. i didnt have stop watch, only the dash clock and then counting after it clicked over a minute. heal/toeing was a bitch too.

front brakes started to warp so i gave it away for the day.

ive found this site which some tunning tips that might be of use for people.

http://www.rb20det.com/tuningguide.html

hope to be at the hillclimb but ive just lost my job so it will make thing diff for a little while till i find another (let me know people if you know of any jobs going)