SAU Community

Defects !

Zoggy

Hey guys,

was cruzin last night around La parouse wen i got pulled over by a c*** of a cop :( ,

got defected for my rear wheels (they are pretty bald so im not complaining) , my air pod not in a box and my exhaust

anyway its my first time ive been defected, i recieved a blue slip stating i have to go and get it signed then show the rta, do regualr mechanics sign it off or is there a special place i have to take my car ?? :)

Yeah I know both those cars, from my area...  umm, in answer to your question though, I think it's just as simple as getting it signed at a mechanic's workshop...

Thanks for that, anyone know were i could take it?? will my local mechanic be ok ??

Not all mechanics do blue slips, almost all do pink slips though. I think if it has a sign saying "Authorised inspection station' or something similar they do blue slips.

cool does anyone know any around the area, apparantly i have to change my exhaust to stock but thats not going to happen, could i get a dodgy done ????

Hey guys,

was cruzin last night around La parouse wen i got pulled over by a c*** of a cop  :P ,

got defected for my rear wheels (they are pretty bald so im not complaining) , my air pod not in a box and my exhaust

anyway its my first time ive been defected, i recieved a blue slip stating i have to go and get it signed then show the rta, do regualr mechanics sign it off or is there a special place i have to take my car ?? :P

Yea there are alot of hwy cars around the area now every since that incident last time.

Touch wood I havent been pulled over.

For the location of your nearest AUVIS please phone 1300 137 302. (RTA Website).

You won't need to change your exhaust back to stop, just quieten it down.

I got pulled over a 3 months ago in my S2 R33.

Got done for exhaust - which the cop picked with his "expert ear" as being too loud.

My Pod which was open (no box) and my atmo BOV.

All i did was went to an authorised inspection station first, asked them what i needed to do to pass for a blue slip and then fixed them.

In the end i made a box for my pod, got a exhaust reading from an exhaust place that does the testing and put in the stock BOV.

I had to get new rear tires as well before he passed me.

But i would suggest you take it to the inspection station first and show him what you have, ask them what it would take to pass and then just make those changes.

Good luck with that. Hope things go well for you.

hey dude not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, cudnt be arssed reading previous posts lol

you need to get them cleared by a workshop that does blue slips!!! simple as that look for a place that does blue slips and they shud check it over and make sure its all legal!!!

hey dude not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, cudnt be arssed reading previous posts lol

you need to get them cleared by a workshop that does blue slips!!! simple as that look for a place that does blue slips and they shud check it over and make sure its all legal!!!

Thanks but i really cant be bothered spending time fixing it up, im just going to change my rear tyres and try do a shifty, thanks for everyones help

Just want to get others opinion on this,

when the cop pulled me over he screamed from his car " HEY DICKHEAD STOP THERE " now he called me a dickhead for no reason right ?? i was talkn to my gf and she works for a law firm in the city and she said that i can press charges and possible get him suspended , as he finished with the defect i said to him in a calm manour " i dont like being called a dick head, thats unprofesional" and he just replied with " look at the car you drive " :O

id love to see him without authority ahahaha :P