SAU Community

Soarer Or Celsior

INASNT

I currently have a 1990 hillux surf turbo diesel which I imported about 6 months ago to which I have done a few mods which is my daily driver but now want to sell and get either a Soarer V8 or Celsior V8 coz driving a big diesel 4x4 everyday is a pain in the ass, especially is city traffic. The R33 spents most of its time in the garage when not being driven on the track.

This saves me alot of $$ on petrol and hassels from cops as I work in the city about 40km from home.

There are alot of soarers for sale but only a few celsior, which cant be imported now either under the 15 year old rule but they both have the same 4.0 engine.

Who's owned one or had good/bad experiences with them?

Yes I have already driven both before but am stuck between the 2.

Yes I need people on the internets views before I buy one :):)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was getting a celsior when i was selling my GTR... i liked the pimp look to them. dumped on huge chrome rims with dark tint and you have one kick-arse cruiser.

havn't had experience with the 2 though so that's all the input i can give lol!

type C F has massage rear seats, standard leather, air purifier the whole lot.

you're not really pimpin unless you in a C F.

i was lookin at getting into a celsior not long ago, there is a whole lot to look out for with these cars. you can quite easily end up spending a GTR-load of money getting them up to scratch, not a cheap car to run.

check out some of the info from the toymods forum -

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=m...94a6ebc98d80888

helped me decide i didn't need one :D

I'd get a soarer Denham... unless you want a 4 door. Just because there so many of them around these days, parts would be a bit easier to get.

Most of the JZA80 Supra suspension components and the like bolts straight into the Soarers, which might mean its cheaper prospect - if there is anything like that needs replacing.

If you want a four door, get a Celsior. If you want a two door, get the Snoarer.

They're not exactly similar cars.

A friend of mine had a Celsior for a while. The V8 sounded nice with its catback, and was smooth. It was a full luxo inside, with a rear seat you could use. A pretty nice car - shame you weren't looking for one a month or so ago.

If you want a four door, get a Celsior. If you want a two door, get the Snoarer.

They're not exactly similar cars.

A friend of mine had a Celsior for a while. The V8 sounded nice with its catback, and was smooth. It was a full luxo inside, with a rear seat you could use. A pretty nice car - shame you weren't looking for one a month or so ago.

Yep looks like I am going with the celsior.

Checking out my mates I might be swapping with tomorrow again.

Heres mine. black one is for sale atm - put it up in FS section, but for some reason i think someone deleted it.

RIMG0154.jpg

RIMG0141.jpg

There are many things to look out for on celsiors. air suspension is not really a problem...its more the shockers and ball joints.

BTW - CF is more luxury but if you have a C model, you can easily add rear massagers - they are a seperate unit that is added in the back of the rear seat and you can get em from japan easily.

How much u selling the black one for?

I think i will just put some 19's or 20's on the 1 i get and not the bodykit so I wont have to worry about going uo driveway/carparks and hitting the kit I have to with the R33.

How are they as a daily driver? Are they good on fuel?

How much u selling the black one for?

I think i will just put some 19's or 20's on the 1 i get and not the bodykit so I wont have to worry about going uo driveway/carparks and hitting the kit I have to with the R33.

How are they as a daily driver? Are they good on fuel?

get an aftermarket suspension height controller and your driveway problem is solved :(