SAU Community

Tuning Between Sydney Melbourne?

hey .... I recently got my baby home after months of hunting for a good example.

I live in a town that you would think could accommodate tuning of an Awd Gtr but NOOO!

Albury /Wodonga has the population and the cars but unfortunately no one game to take it on.

Thinking About it My self if i could just get some training on One (AW) Dyno!

Anyway I have to find an alternative and don’t mind traveling.

Could anyone recommend where i could take the car to get its standard map looked at as it has a stutter up top under boost and no one here will even look at it....

i just want to keep this car right and not guess for the moment so i dont accidently hurt it .

Albury is 300 kms from melb and 450 to outter sydney on the hume Hwy. Millions of things are freighted through everynight which puzzles me why this place is so dead for good turbo mechanics , performance parts and information ...

A few suggestions would really help SAU ...thanks

Edited by ishh

OK then :P ... For future Ref for others maybe , i found a place in Albury/wodonga that was willing to take a look at the gtr on his 2 wheel dyno. He has just taken over the business and isnt listed yet and sort of leaning his new dyno but has a good range of performance cars he works on, all very happy from grapevine reports ...

Just wondering if anyone who does this can offer any feedback on how you went actualy doing it saftey wise.

the guys really interested to try but a bit hesitant and I am a bit nervous about it but know it can be done .

the main reason we are attempting this is i have just got the car and thats really the only bug being a miss in top end power .

i have changed the fuel filter > no different

I have reset the ECu as per manual >no different

it runs HKS pods which i dont like and havent cleaned (unsure how yet)but i doubt its the problem .......will be changing to apexi on dyno day

any tips i can give the new dyno guy about the hook up and test procedure would be fantastic as he really wants a gtr in his shop for promo ? thanks 35

There is a thread up the top of the victorian section with a list of workshops if you're willing to travel south.

an "unlisted" business who are still learning how to use their dyno probably isn't the best place to take the car.

change the pods now.

don't wait for a special occassion, the car needs to breathe!

If you're happy to go with a 2wd dyno rather than travel a couple of hundred k's (only to possibly break down on the way and have to be towed), you could try Edge Mechanical,

592B Nurigong Street, Albury

Ph: (02) 6021 8767

They're listed on the dyno dynamics site as Diagnosing problems, tuning, high performance, EFI repair, EFI mapping, carburettor calibration, turbo/super charging Cars, Trucks and Motorcycles

Trevor Simpkin (???) Automotive in Shepparton have recently gotten a dyno.

I don't know details yet. May be worth giving them a ring.

Btw, i got his details from Andrew Vibert, the guy who owns Central Vic Auto Parts in Shep. His details are in an add on toymods.net

Thanks SKY031 ,Mulkers.... as it turns out the guy i am going to is Edge Mechanical using old business's retalicks dyno.

its worked out well as he atleast is prepared to study thie car and bring in pros if needed (not like the others i tried)

failing that i will gladly try shepp ... good reports from there :)

Anyone want a set of twin Hks pods?

Thanks SKY031 ,Mulkers.... as it turns out the guy i am going to is Edge Mechanical using old business's  retalicks dyno.

its worked out well as he atleast is prepared to study thie car and bring in pros if needed (not like the others i tried)

failing that i will gladly try shepp ... good reports from there :)

Anyone want a set of twin Hks pods?

Stuttering/missing up top on full boost - sounds like you need new plugs, or they need to be gapped a bit smaller. Try a set of BKR6E gapped at about .7mm, go down to .6mm if its still doing it.

thanks ferni .... i am off to get new plugs in a minute ;)

on a sader note :P .... edge mechanical called me and stated that he wasent comfortable doing the run with just the electrics pulled which made him hesitant on time frame for a shaft detatch ... we both are studying it so we can do it later ....

this is the basic service i will cary out on it instead

engine Redline 10w30

gearbox:redline lightwieght shockproof

diffs: shell synthetic lsd

hydrolics systems: undecided yet

Cooling system undecided yet

hey hey :D , just picked up the Gtr from its first magor service and farily happy although no dyno run was available !

the car now has a full set of redline fluids except cooling

new spark plugs (some platinum type) gapped to a .9

Big thanks to all you guys and especialy ferni for nailing the problem with the plugs ..

it was hard to drive it round for that week unserviced wanting to give it a serve but not ...

the top end miss is gone and its just Wicked!!! B)

i have one question for any others using redline 10/30 10/40 about oil pressure.

its definetly lower than what was in it but is smooth and quiet. at idle 750rpm there is almost none on the gauge but it rise's real fast as soon as cars revs climb ... is that ok ?

I am thinking it is not to bad because of how constant it stays as soon as you start to rev it so that would mean the oil is flying around smoother nicely ... correct me if I'm wrong???

thanks again SAU's

Edited by ishh