SAU Community

Question Bout Lsd In R33 S1 94

PowerupZ

Just trying to find out if a LSD is a standard part in the 94 manual R33's as ive read around a bit and a lot of people seem to be looking 4 them, as they say they dont have 1. Yet mine seems to have 1 already and jus trying to work out if its standard or a replacment???

Or maybe its jus been welded up as it throughs the car side ways pretty vicsiously (did i spell that right?)

Anyways not complaining as i luv it but just interested.

Cheers

turbocharged r33 gtst came with lsd standard as far as i know

ive been through 2 stock lsd centers, the one im on now is screwed, i get stuck on steep driveways with one wheel in the air spinning and the other one doing nothing. they do tend to wear out if you give them a hard life so that could be one reason why everyones lookin for them.

mechanical lsds are not a standard item and are fairly noisy so if you diff is noisy as you turn corners tightly at low speed then theres a good chance you have a mechanical lsd

quickest way to tell if your diff is a lsd is to look on the housing for an orange sticker telling you so.

Cool thanks man will check it out. As far as i can tell its not noisy when cornering tight but then again the car came with a 4" cat back exhaust and is bloody loud so maybe thats blocking it out?

Also was mucking around with a boost controller the other day and stupidly hooked it up wrong, my gauge was reading 1 and a half bar but the engine didnt fault at all, no fuel cut no backfire no audible detonation jus seemed to take it noramlly besides the bov being loud as hell and 2nd gear smoking it like it thought it was 1st. Ive read around a bit and a lot of people seem to incurr cuts at around 14psi why would this engine be any diff?? as far as i know its stock i had a chat with the people i bought it off and they jus say the engine is in good order....