SAU Community

Opps! I Just Bought Another Stagea

darrinspencer

Last Saturday I bought a series 1 pearl white Stagea and was happy with that.

Yesterday a nice series 2 silver Stagea came along at a great price that I could not resist.

So now I have 2 Stagea's

They are both still in Japan, so when they get here the white series 1 will have to go

Details of the new series 2

1998 Nissan Stagea RS-FOUR V series 2

2.5L turbo 4WD

Tiptronic

Silver

105,000 km's

Power steering

Power windows

Air conditioner

ABS brakes

Dual air-bags

Keyless entry

CD player

Aftermarket front bumper (small crack at front)

Aftermarket front grill

Aftermarket rear wing 260RS

KYB suspension (I think springs only)

Aftermarket exhaust

HKS air filter

Rear strut tower brace

Xenon headlights

Silver_Stagea_Front.bmp

Silver_Stagea_Rear.bmp

Hmm

http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=5230

Ever since my celsior import (not so fun), I am very cautious of cheap cars in japan. Why would it be so below market value unless there was something wrong with it?

Get it inspected mate, you dont want to loose heaps of $$ with that one.

What do you think market value is??

1. The over inflated prices you pay here

or

2. What they are really worth in Japan

I have been watching and bidding on cars over the last few months and series 2 1998 models with 100k sell around what I payed

The reason I bought this one is the added extra's over a stock one.

Well, If you have been watching then I trust you. Only when I see one odd on out, for me it rings alarm bells.

I am sure on a newer car like this there would be many less issues then on a 15 year old Celsior, so good luck chap

Jspec quote "This is well below average price for a good condition series 2 Stagea, if interested please let us know quickly as it will sell fast. Additional details on request."

Why is it below average price? Its the FOB price that is higher, not like its the same FOB cost but all the other cost are lower (not inflated?)

Looks great, I was jabbing my brother in the ribs the other day to buy that through J-Spec.

Being a recent purchaser myself I have too agree with you Darrin. The 100k threshold seems to have a big impact on price at the moment in Japan, S1 and S2 and I almost picked up an S2 with 90kms on it for the same price as the S1 I have ended up with. Cars purchased at auction sell to the highest bidder above the reserve price on the day, you can't draw any conclusions from that price, quality or condition (that is what you pay the buyer in Japan to do) it's just the luck of the auction and who wants the car on the day.

I don't think you will have any trouble selling the White S1 once it arrives, although it might be missing a few bits and pieces from earlier posts, hehe.

Cheers

Luke

Looks great, I was jabbing my brother in the ribs the other day to buy that through J-Spec.

Being a recent purchaser myself I have too agree with you Darrin. The 100k threshold seems to have a big impact on price at the moment in Japan, S1 and S2 and I almost picked up an S2 with 90kms on it for the same price as the S1 I have ended up with. Cars purchased at auction sell to the highest bidder above the reserve price on the day, you can't draw any conclusions from that price, quality or condition (that is what you pay the buyer in Japan to do) it's just the luck of the auction and who wants the car on the day.

I don't think you will have any trouble selling the White S1 once it arrives, although it might be missing a few bits and pieces from earlier posts, hehe.

Cheers

Luke

This is 100% true

If the car had upto 60k the price at auction could have been more like to 50% higher

It will be a shame to rip the front off and do the Masa R34 conversion.....not :)

This is 100% true

If the car had upto 60k the price at auction could have been more like to 50% higher

It will be a shame to rip the front off and do the Masa R34 conversion.....not :)

what? you want to change that beutiful front to an R34? that's a tough call I think... that's by far the toughest looking stag front bar I've seen.

Although those xenons and front bar n bits should pay for a good chuck of the masa conversion kit.

what? you want to change that beutiful front to an R34? that's a tough call I think... that's by far the toughest looking stag front bar I've seen.

Although those xenons and front bar n bits should pay for a good chuck of the masa conversion kit.

The plan is to still do the front conversion, esp since I have nearly all the parts now.

I saw the value in the S2

Body kit to sides, rear, wing already fitted and painted

Colour coded body strips

Clear tail lights

White dails

Better looking cloth trim

Neo motor

Tiptronic (Maybe convert to manual)

Bigger intercooler (will change to FMIC to R34 bar)

All of this I would have had to do to the S1 which would cost alot more than buying this car.

darrinspencer...u bugger i was also after that silver one and when i spoke with craig he said that only a few minutes ago someone had snapped it up...not fair! Good luck though...it is an awesome car!

Thanks for letting me know about the white one you have up for sale now but am trying to find a serious 2!

Good luck Mate...Wildcat

:P

The main problem

I have not told the wife yet!

Might have to stop of at the bottle shop and get a good bottle of wine tonight :D

BAHBAHBAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHAAHhAhAHAHAhHHAhahHAh A Hh aHH hH HA hAHH AHahH Aa hhHAhH AhahHAh hHAHHAh ahHAhaa!!

DEAD MAN WALKIN!

I can see in the future through darrins eyes, looks like he'll be sleepin on the "special" ccouch tonight..........

53160tYbx_w.jpg

Just kidding :P