SAU Community

Winton on June 23

went down there yesterday and saw the racing...they had gt performance, gt production, nations cup (wow), etc.

there was a heck of a lot of evo7's there and some 6's for the gt performance category. got to get up real close to the racing and got a wander around in the pits afterwards as well to check out the individual cars. got to see the new lambo and all i can say is holy shit! damn it looks amazing!

funny races were the 'brute utes' (haha) and the hq holdens racing. the ute race was more like a demolition derby where everyone was just smashing anyone and everyone out of the way if it meant they could go up a place. almost every ute had a dent in it!

for the gt performance category the evo's and the wrx's ruled the track. but the nations cup races.......damn!! absolutely amazing cars! i want the lambo! hehe.

there were also 4 skylines in the car park. i R33 series 2 gtst, a silver R33 stocky looking GTR (dunno about the vspec sticker there...didnt see the different diff), a black real R33 GTR vspec that was mildly modded and finally a black R32 GTR aussie delivered version! the R32 was parked amongst the gt performance evos but the driver wasnt there....anyone from here that own that car?

check out the pics

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~ula32/Pics.../Winton-July23/

ps - obviously the turbo cars ruled the day! hehe :(