SAU Community

Aircon Fan On Radiator

REDGTT

Try unplugging the fan and running power straight from the battery to it. The bigger pin on the connector is the Positive.

My fan wasnt working and I ran direct power to it and i found out mine is seized.

JK

Pretty sure with most cars the AC condenser fan should come on straight away to try and get the gas in the system as cool as possible, as quick as possible.

If I remember, i'll check tomorrow~!

A/C fan or engine fan?

91 degrees celcius? That's radiator temperatures! If you're talking about A/C condenser fans, i'm still quite sure they'd be on almost instantly.

It was the case in my Commodore, come to think of it. A/C on, fan on. Even if the engine was just warming up.

A/C fan or engine fan?

91 degrees celcius? That's radiator temperatures! If you're talking about A/C condenser fans, i'm still quite sure they'd be on almost instantly.

It was the case in my Commodore, come to think of it. A/C on, fan on. Even if the engine was just warming up.

I was also thinking about this as well because my R32 A/C fan doesn't come on at all. Seemed very wierd as with the Commodore it comes on instantly regardless of temp as RANDY has meantioned.

I've tried shorting the connection of the plug to the sensor on the radiator and the fan does come on so there is obviously power to it.

The A/C fan is controlled by the thermatic switch in the bottom tank of the radiator. It only activates when the coolant temp gets too high. Under normal circumstances, the standard engine fan is able to maintain sufficient airflow to keep the A/C radiator cool.

However, if you have the A/C re-gassed with the modern stuff (R134a ?), get the fan re-wired to come on with the A/C.