SAU Community

Rim Repairs

Tangles

Hiyas all, just got me a set of R34 GTT rims from SAU-member Satanic.

I havent received these rims as yet, but I know 1 rim only will need a repair to a gutter mark / scratch.

Who would you recommend to repair & make good to a genuine Nissan mag wheel? I live south if thats any help for ppl's suggestions.

:D Tangles

Brendan you can go to Extensive Wheels on South Road(right hand side before Sir Donald Bradman Dve), but have heard they are a little pricey...........So i suggest going over the road from them to a the other place(can't remember the name) I think there might have been someone else wanting the same service before..........It might have both thier details in another topic!

I think there might have been someone else wanting the same service before..........It might have both thier details in another topic!

Cheers, yeah I thought so, did a quick search (here at work, I shouldnt be on the forums atm!) and didnt come up with the details. Sorry to ppls if this is a 'repost topic' as such.

Ive also heard on the grapevine that Bridgestone at Oaklands park is pretty good..... will have to chase that up and grab some quotes.

I can post a pic of the rim in question, and the quotes that I received, to help out others in the future.

Tangles (all-tangled-up)

Moderator can delete if they like, yes this is a repost, going back to satrd of December 2005 there was a thread titled Rim Repairs:

"Adelaide wheel and rim & Extensive wheels.

Both are on sth rd just sth of sir donald bradman dr,both close together on opp sides of the road,make sure u get quotes first- there will be a difference!"

"I had mine done at extensive and they fixed up some minor guttering and scratches and now look like new. About $150 a rim i think, I recommend their work for sure."

"yeah had mine done at adelaide wheel and rim when i hit a gutter and bent the inside edge. the guys from extensive said it was beyond repair so took it across the road and got it re-rolled for $120. did a great job too. it was a small price to pay compared to getting another volk.?"

"i used to get a lot of rims reparied when i raced speedway adelaide wheel and rim ripped my off bigtime and the guy across the road at EXPENSIVE not EXTENSIVE was just as bad found a guy at brompton called miracorp was cheaps as chips did a great job dont know if he is still around tho"

hey Brendan

send me a PM with yr number

i got a few rims to fix too

we should go there together and hope they give us a better price

(just an excuse to check yr stagea out :laugh:)

Edited by Maxx

When I bent the inside lip of my rim when I hit a curb, took it to Extensive and the guy said it was beyond repair, took it across the road to Adelaide Rim and Wheel works and they re-rolled it for $150, small price to pay compared to $1200 to replace the rim!! (damn volk racing wheels). Did a great job too!! Dunno if the guy an Extensive was too busy or whatever but i heard they do good work too! They are both on South Road at Mile End.

hey Brendan

send me a PM with yr number

i got a few rims to fix too

we should go there together and hope they give us a better price

(just an excuse to check yr stagea out :/)

Will do maxx - got to wait until I get the rims tho, hopefully by end of the week. Will PM you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, had one rim fixed at Ext(p)ensive wheel services last week.... it was fairly heavily damaged, was $200 for a full fix up job and repaint all over. Expensive, but looks brand new now.

They quoted $165 to fix a slight scratch on one rim, what a joke...... I chatted to them about it & now $70 is the price..... wonder if thats because Adelaide Wheel & Rim services across the road are offering 1/2 price services at the moment??

Tangles