SAU Community

My 6-speed Sr20 Cefiro

drift monkys

hello everyone... kinda nearing the end of my mini project cefiro... its gonna be a daily driver so mods are simple and aimed more towards comfort then track/drift warrior... well here goes...

I personally imported this ceffy in october last year. bought for notmuch more then a box of coronas with the rb20 single cam intact, the main thing that drew me to this car was thestructural condition ofthe car.. it was in mint condition with full log books, etc... also the fact that it had no hicas made me transfer the money and before long my friend had done the FOB and dereg required in japan...

while the importation process was underway, i sourced a s15 silvia front cut to do the sr20 conversion... one thing is for sure.. this is truly a bolt on affair... once both front cut and car landed... we got to work straight away... the old RB came out... along with gearbox, etc etc... the s15 halfcut was stripped and all parts put aside... whilethe engine was out, i added a stainless manifold with the stock turbo...

as most of you may know already, the s15 crossmember is a bolt on.. i dropped the engine and gearbox in together and while i was under the car found out that the gearbox crossmember also bolted on... no modification required.... damn.. dontyou just love it when thing just happen??... anyways an s15 radiator was used and a stock s15 dump with a 3 inch front will have to do for the moment. I used a gtr cooler and had to make custom piping from the turbo to the hotpipe in 3 inch... for the "cold" side, i used a hks pipe...

the stock cefiro interior was comfortable butthe seats looked huge and kinda sofa-like... so i sourced a complete r32 gtr interior including front and rear seats... they all bolt on except for the back, there is a bit of a gap about 2 cm each side where the seats meet the door... small priceto pay though... comfortable as interior... also a nardi steering wheel was thrown in for good measure as were tomei exhaust temp and water temp gauges

thewiring i will have to get done as soon as the guy (slidewayz, i think he is called) is free... well... thats my story in short... list of mods is below...

stainless steel manifold

Trust Profec e0-1 boost controller

Trust oil cooler with filter relocation

stock dump with 3" frontpipe rest of the exhaust will be custom 3" and an apexi muffler

GTR front mount with custom piping on the "hot" side and HKS pipe on the "cold" side

Tomei Exhaust and water remp gauges

GTR front and rear seats

Nardi steering wheel

Trust Type R bov

for the moment this is all i can remember and dont think i have missed anything though... main priority is to get the car on the road now...

any more updates and ill keep editing this post...

cheers ... some shit fotos from my fone will be included later as i couldnt be bothered to take some high res fotos and post them up at the moment.. :whistling:

cheers

New_Folder.zip

MAD!

can i just ask... you said the rear seats are that touch to wide. Does that mean it's hard to close the doors or anything like that?

If i get a cef I'd like to do the same thing with the interior so was just curios.

Cheers,

Dave.

oh man this is the news i have been wanting to hear for sooooooo long!!!

my car is auto and i wanted to go an s14 front cut, cos i heard the 6 speeds dont last that long (im sure that's heresay, from someone no doubt thrashing their cars)

but mannnnnnnnnnnnn thanks so much for the info!!!

no problemo dude.. the rear seats arent too wide.. in fact i meant they are a little too short so theres a gap there... thats all... :O and for people wanting to do an sr20 swap.. i have a s15 halfcut coming in.. its fully dressed so pm me offers for parts if you need.. :devil:

cheers

MAD!

can i just ask... you said the rear seats are that touch to wide. Does that mean it's hard to close the doors or anything like that?

If i get a cef I'd like to do the same thing with the interior so was just curios.

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave buddy...... i have heard enuff!! :D To much Cefiro talk..not enuff buying one!!! :D

U sound like a man with 'Cefiro Fever' :sorcerer:

It cannot be ignored succum to the desire! :P

Ando

PS Nice ride drift mokey

Dave buddy...... i have heard enuff!! :( To much Cefiro talk..not enuff buying one!!! :)

U sound like a man with 'Cefiro Fever' :sorcerer:

It cannot be ignored succum to the desire! :)

Ando

PS Nice ride drift mokey

HA HA! how do you think i feel man! lol! I've got the bug and I can't do anything but plan all the mods ha ha ha!!!

tell ya what though, as soon as i can get this shyte with the GTR sorted and get some money ya know what the first thing i'll wanna buy will be! HA HA HA!!

Thanks for the info on the seats too drift monkeys :)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...