SAU Community

R32 Fuel Pump -> Hoses -> Fuel Rails

flagger

Hi,

Just replaced the old fuel pump with a walbro, but one of the hoses that goes from the pump to the chasis fuel rail split. its old and brittle, so time to replace them!

however i cant for the life of me find where the hoses connect to on the chassis rails. i can see the chassis rails come up behind the diff and up behind the fuel tank, but then it dissapears...

how do i replace these hoses?

Thanks

all good...just did it :O was very very easy. the hoses just come out right at the back of the tank near where the tank protector is. very accessible, and very easy to change. all working now.

(now to get that petrol off the back that sprayed on when the hose split on the motorway :) )

that'll serve me right for not looking harder

all good...just did it :D was very very easy. the hoses just come out right at the back of the tank near where the tank protector is. very accessible, and very easy to change. all working now.

(now to get that petrol off the back that sprayed on when the hose split on the motorway :) )

that'll serve me right for not looking harder

Just out of curiosity do you use Optimax? Given your fuel hoses had cracks I suspect this is the case as you would not be the first person!

Cheers

Man, we spend over $10,000 to get these cars, then another million keeping them on the road - every car has a gremlin or five, and I guess it proves how much we love our cars, or how stupid we are for hanging onto them!