SAU Community

Go-Karting Hume $UX

eliteopps

Go-Karting went well last Friday night at Hume 'SuperKarts' along with J-Racing. Disappointingly, the man who was in charge was a complete A$$H^$# to us. All the feedback that I have received were all the same, I mean we all had a good night and all especially in the wet but this guy certainly made the night a low. He was rude, hot tempered, and was evident that he showed no respect towards his customers. Considering the amounts of times I have visited in the past, I am very disappointed along with many other people and do not recommend 'Superkarts' in Hume to anybody else. But, I do thank the staff who were very helpful & friendly and I hope their employer do learn from his employees.

Does anyone else know any other Go-Karting places around Canberra as we want this to be a regular event. I know there is one in Fyshwick and I look forward to visit there in the very near future along with people who are interested to join us.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been going to Hume for ages too, and I've never had a bad experience with them. Maybe you just got him on an off day?

There used to be a place in Mitchell but it went bust many years ago. There is a dirt go-karting place down the sth. coast which is pretty cool, but a long way to drive! :D

• 3 months later...
Guest superkarts1

I'm disappointed to hear your experience was so bad at Hume, but did anyone tell you that the day after your bad experience, the business went under new ownership?

I recall that exact evening - I was one of the new owners and we arrived to finalise all of the paperwork for our takeover of the business on 22 February.......

Give us, the new owners, a chance. If you have reason to not believe me about the new ownership, please feel free to ask any number of regulars - most of them are familiar with us now and are aware of it, and although coincidental, took place the day after your bad experience.

JB

Director, Superkarts

Guest superkarts1

Actually, this is the first time the business has changed hands in almost 5 years.......and we plan on sticking around a long time :-)

I like hume coz its got more space, the fyshwick carts are good, but its cramped and a lap only takes 26-28secs at the very most, its fun, but hume is definately a less repetitive track, i must go there again, i never have any cash lol