SAU Community

Give Away: Lonely Planet - Japan [brand New]

Yorik

First off, let me apologise to Rezz and the team, but I would prefer to post this here an not in the classifieds, as I would prefer that someone who is actually travelling to Japan in the recent future (read: this year.) to get this great book. If you would prefer to move the thread to another forum, then please feel free to, I just thought it would be nice to give it to some one from in here. :P:)

Okay here is the deal, first person to PM me, gets this book, it is the latest release of the Lonely Plant Guide to Japan 9th Edition, which can be seen HERE

I have two copies of this book, don't ask how please, just accept it, this one is brand new, I haven't even opened it. I don't really need two copies, so I thought I would give away this other copy to someone else that can use it.. If you are not planning a trip to Japan, then please don't ask for it, rather let someone who is going get it, so that they ca use it. I won't ask for proof, I am trusting the honesty of anyone who contacts me. :D

I will send it free of charge, no insurance, no express, just regular mail to anywhere in Australia. I will send it in the same packaging that it was sent to me in from a large Australian book chain. I am trying to doing the nice thing here, so if it gets lost or slightly damaged in the post or anything else for that matter, please be mindful that no money is changing hands. :D The book will be sent on Friday, not earlier, this is the only day that I can get to the post office, this is one of my conditons, if this is a problem, then please buy a full copy.

Also, please don't get annoyed if you miss out. :happy:

Just so there is no confusion, this is how I got two copies. One night I thought about buying a copy adn couldn't onto the LoenlyPlanet website cos it was down, so I went and ordered one through Angus and Robertson (mistake number one) then after about a week or so, they emailed me to say that the book hadn't been printed yet and they had no idea when it would be printed. So, I thought I would cancel the order, which I tried and sort of successfully did.. I then got onot the Lonely Planet website and bought this book and a few others, The Japanes Phrasebook and Best of Tokyo, they all got sent out to me and I ahve been reading them... Then I get an email from Angus and Robertson, saying that my order had been shipped.. WTF? I thought I cancelled it.. Soo.... I now have two copies.. Hence trying to get rid of my excess..

Sounds stupid doesn't it?? My misfortune might as well be some one elses fortune..

Thanks guys..

Book is now gone.. Well it will be once I get the address of the new recipient..

I like it a lot, it has a lot of good information, not complete, but enough to get by and definitely enought to start planning.. I prefer to reasearch th internet myself, but this book, amongst others is encouraging me to go to other places..

Looks my trip just extended by another 4 or 5 days, going to do a bit up in Haikaido now as well.. 4 weeks will be my limit I think.. I will probably want to come home by then..

I think that I need to book my trip really soon, every time I do some research, I find somewhere else to go and more things to see, I really need to book that trip so that I am locked in and can't plan more stuff..