SAU Community

Here Today. Gone Tomorrow. Crash.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate, Good to hear things are working out good! Have you checked the skyline out in person??? Looks like its in ok condition, other then a dent in the front 1/4 panel i can see.. Just make sure you dont rush into things mate, thats sometimes the worst mistake.

Goodluck!

Dayne

Most insurance companies have in their policies that if an accident is not your fault then they will help you recover costs. In the money they charge is also a fee for them doing this. That way they make their customer happy (and make sure they still have a car to insure with them) and also make a little cash.

Im with justcar though so I dont have this in my policy.

Things just went from bad to worse anyhow. I got a call sunday morning from the guy that hit me. He told me that the truck he was driving was actually his personal truck and not his work truck. Oh, and that he has no insurance.

I got a quote from tony ferugia today that says the car is an economical write-off, and ill be getting another one tomorrow. I guess ill have to find a good lawyer.

Anyway guys, ill keep ya posted.

Eep. I'm with JustCar as well lol. I guess it's a good thing I just didn't expect them to do much. Anyway, your so lucky the guy who hit you wants to buy the car cos it has obviously made things so much easier for you!

and these people who drive without any insurance, wtf????

i agree 100%, even though i dont drive or own a car (yet), you gotta be stupid not to have insurance.

me thinks, If you can't afford insurance, You can't afford the car.

Im happy as. New car in 3 weeks. My father-in-law got hit while he was on his ducatti and it got written off. It took him 2 years to get paid out for the bike and another 2 after that for his injuries.

My lawyer said its the quickest he has seen anyone get paid for an accident involving someone with no insurance.

Im just lucky that the dude was a honest bloke. (and had money!)

I have a feeling that would have been a write off anyway but you did well getting a settlement so quickely and that you wernt hurt.

I had a BIG suv reverse into the front of my 33 gtst. It cracked the bar, broke the back of both headlights, lifted up the bonet in one corner and thats about it. No structual damage. They replaced the gtr bar with a 400 r bar, replaced lights, repaired and painted bonet for a total of $3500 through insurance!! Yours would have been closer to $8000-$10000 i think.