SAU Community

I think that one of the things that an online forum like this is great for is sharing of knowledge of our otherwise "unsupported vehicles".

How about a seperate section just for "Fixes". Basically one single post for each thread that describes both the problem AND the solution. Could be arranged with multiple sections like R32, R33, R34 then GTS , GTR etc etc... You only post in here once you have a fix that has been confirmrd working. Still use the normal sections until then.

I know that I have had a few "weird" problems that others could use to save many hours worth of diagnosing time.

Now I know that this info is already on the forum in various formats but no simple problem - solution exists. Sometimes you can read pages of posts and never even find out if any solutions worked!!

This could be VERY valuable and add immensly to the appeal of the site for new users. Oh and Skylinesdownunder DON'T have anything like this so we could be the first to start it!

like a Q and A section, where the thread is moderated to only sensible responses.

Sorta like a knowledge base with everyone contributing to it. I wanted to do something like that on another website, but if incorporated into the forums would be much easier.

You could go:

R32 -> GTSt -> Engine -> What do I do if I get smoke from my engine

or R34 -> GTR -> Body -> How do I fit an aftermarket front spoiler on?

Sumfin like that, with each -> representing a level

• 4 weeks later...

Charlie - yeah i guess so.

I'd be keen to set up a "technical archive" section, split into models. When people get a fix for something on their car we can start a new thread in there titled "clunk from under the car" and in there you could have Q. i have a clunk and A. its a broken driveshaft (or similar) and only a few people could post to it and the threads are locked to allow read only..

What do we think, is that what you mean?