SAU Community

Need A Blue Slip

ATTN

Hey guy,

My car is sitting the garage collecting dust, it's currently has no rego and I know need to get a blue slip done.

I know that for me to do a blue slip it's more more complicated because of the complicances involved which has to meet the safey and requirments. Much more of a headache esp if you have modifications on the car.

Well my car is lightly modded

- Body kit

- FMIC

- 18" rims

- Pod filter

- BOV

- Lowered suspension

- Exhaust turbo back

I've asked around some mechanics and some will pass me for the FMIC and some will not is this the case?

I know that I will have to replace my BOV and POD a/f with stock, what about my exhaust?

Does anyone know what esle I could do perhaps some helpful tips, or where I could go to get a blue slip *winkwink*

Any help or suggestion would help

I'm in sydney.

dr gas @ rydalmere... i got my blue slip done there wen i got defected + epa.. i jus changed bov & pod also.. with my exhaust i jus chucked a silencer on.. took liek 10min, paid $30-40 i think and i was on my way :( and yeah i had everything u had too xcept the rims i had 17's but they were really wide with bad tread.

its not a dodgy mechanic where u have to pay X amount to get the blue slip, jus a mechanic that understands hahahaa..

Edited by hanyou

dr gas @ rydalmere... i got my blue slip done there wen i got defected + epa.. i jus changed bov & pod also.. with my exhaust i jus chucked a silencer on.. took liek 10min, paid $30-40 i think and i was on my way :bunny: and yeah i had everything u had too xcept the rims i had 17's but they were really wide with bad tread.

its not a dodgy mechanic where u have to pay X amount to get the blue slip, jus a mechanic that understands hahahaa..

You absolutly right on that mate just a mechanic that understands, ive booked my car in for tuesday at kirawee ill let u know how i go

had a mate just had a blue slip done on hes nissan exa that just had a ca18det put in,

he had to pay $250 for the mech to give him the blueslip. what a rip, than again its still cheaper than doing it "properly"

hanyou, are you sure you are not talking pink slip? most blue slips places are around $100+

blue slip prices vary..

depending on what is needed to be a checked, for example a defect is piss easy and shouldnt cost more than $30 if legit

blue slip prices vary..

depending on what is needed to be a checked, for example a defect is piss easy and shouldnt cost more than $30 if legit

ahhh i see!

my bad. i've only ever needed one kind.

Guys great news I have found a place to get a blie slip done he also clears defects costed me $150 took 10 mins located at Kirrawee.

PM me for details dont want to post it up on a public forum.

• 2 years later...

hey guys just curious

i lost my rego because i couldn't clear my defects

and had to go DECC as well and consequence of not passing the sound test, and i went ther and failed

but i was supposed to go back to get it passed again...but i haven't had any letters from them and my rego is already cancelled

so i'm assuming they not really chasing me up on it

but do u know now if i still need to clear defects before i get blue slip? or will just getting a blue slip will be sufficient?