SAU Community

cops..

nissaner

when they pull u over and say "u were travelling at such such speed...", do they really have a proof or r they just estimating...? so if i go to a court, would they bring the proof with them and say "sorry.. u r fu(ked big time..." ?

and does it cost me any money to go to a court ? do i have to buy a lawyer? or can i go by myself?

thank you in advance... (plz take this seriously and give me some good advice coz i might have to sell my car :D )

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can represent yourself...if there were two cops in the car then you'd prolly lose as the second cop and backup the first one.

I heard you were doing double the limit...

eeek...you're lucky they didn't impound your car!!!

didn't double the limit... what would they do with my camry even if they impound it though...:D

i think there was another cop in the car (i can't remember for some unknown reason...hehe)

ed, do they have a formal proof though? not just second person backing up? ;)

they must show you the radar readout if you request

then find out when calibrated etc (they will say like in last 2 days but i would double check that)

if no radar, go to court

say this guy keeps harrassing you (only if you know you werent in the wrong)

most of the times the coppers let you off with a warning if no radar readout

andrew : yes i got my licence back in november last year... :D

okay, this is what happened...

i got out of the go hill free way (city -> chatswood -> epping)

i was on pacific hwy near chatswood (3:30am, no cars arround), didn't look at my speedo... i see this car raming up to my arse sooooooooo fast with so much enthusiasm i knew it was cops straight away... as soon as i brake, they turn on the lights... we go into side street... a cop says i was travelling at 110 in 60 zone...

i am pretty fu(king sure that they didn't travell 400m to estimate my speed... i am not sure if it was an unmarked car or an actual police car with radar...

i will goto court just to see if anything better will happen...

i heard that if i go to the court and cops don't turn up, the case gets dismissed...? can anyone confirm this?

Sounds like entrapment/harrassment.

If you weren't much over the limit and they did not follow you for long and have no gun reading, it sounds like they were just picking on a GT-R owner...

What right do they have to tailgate you?

T.

That is true... If they don't turn up, the judge dismisses the case and you're free to go. But they usually turn up from what I hear.

Also, I heard that if you elect to hear the matter in court, they have to do it within 9 months of the date of offence, otherwise it gets dropped also? Can anyone confirm this one?

Originally posted by tlai909

Sounds like entrapment/harrassment.

If you weren't much over the limit and they did not follow you for long and have no gun reading, it sounds like they were just picking on a GT-R owner...

What right do they have to tailgate you?

T.

haha... :D

they were actually picking on a camry owner...

they still don't have the right to tailgate a camry though... :)

(i don't know if my camry is even capable of doing 110...)

IMO 110 in a 60 is very different from say 140 in 100 in freeway conditions.

theres traffic lights on that road, what if one turned red? do you have a chance of stopping in time?

Around 3:30 am a lot of newspapers deliveries and stuff are happening and these cars do stop frequently, this is what they will ask your defence in court.

I dont think you can get out of this, If it was something else like 80 in a 60 or 70 in a 60, then all the speedo calibration issues come into play, but 110 in a 60 is a lost cause IMHO.