SAU Community

Ulp Price Hike Alert

Lezzare

Guys just received the fuelwatch update:

ULP PRICE HIKE ALERT

========================

Today nearly half of the BP sites across the metropolitan area hiked their unleaded petrol(ULP)price, by up to 8 cpl to 139.9 cpl. The other half of BP sites and two thirds of Coles sites are following tomorrow. This signals the start of a new price cycle, however there are still many opportunities to save – there are over 170 sites in Perth selling ULP tomorrow for under 132.0 cpl

If you are low on petrol should pump today. :worship:

I seen this morning that BP Wanneroo was $1.39 a litre, then this afternoon on my way home BP Woodvale was $1.31. Since we are talking about 2km difference that sucks big time. I need to get some tonight then instead because I would have to fill up on my way home from TAFE tomorrow anyway. *sigh*

BP = wankers.

filled up today, thanks for the word of warning you saved me 8c/L. I use fuel watch every week to find out where the cheapest petrol is around me, never look on Sunday because I’m usually broke from the weekend.

-michael

den buy a mira and stop whinning...

its great ppl are teling us there's gonna b a price hike, thats wat fuelwatch is for (www.fuelwatch.wa.gov.au/prices/top100.cfm) but if ur gonna whine bout petrol being exp, ur a student and shit den live wif a shit life and buy a cheap slow ass fuel saver.

petrol is petrol, rant all u want, even if it was $2/L i'll still pay for it. beats the hell out of replying on australia's unreliable public transport system.

i agree wif Strich9. whining bout fuel is soo yesturday.

*end rant*

*slp*

Driving a nice car comes at a price, the question is are you willing to pay for that price? And yep, it looks like petrol isnt about to get cheaper anytime soon so we all have to get use to it. Gone were the days when my dad used to complain about it being 0.75/L and he thought that was expensive.

Edited by JUNR34

oh bugger didnt know if a simple reply like that would cause ppl to complain about whining ? if i was whining i would be saying this is bull**t etc but im not just telling ppl how much i payed

It's not the price of petrol that pisses me off on it's own, it's the fact that fuel at BP is ALWAYS more expensive than anywhere else, and there is a refinery in WA!!! I only go there (Like probably almost all of us) because we don't have a choice, and we're never going to win. Fuel is $2 a litre then I have to pay that because I need my car, it's not like I'm going to say "No, I'm not buying petrol, that will show them".

Right now the Aussie dollar is fairly strong, a few weeks ago a weak aussie dollar was part of an excuse for the price of petrol, now it's doing nothing for us & it's not mentioned.

But you know what really grinds my gears? Not putting the clutch in fully. :)

i just pull up and dont even bother looking at price anymore or i would cry @ the price it is lately but its no use complaining coz the govt will never reduce the excise at its too much of a money spinner for them

So what your saying is that if you drive a nice car you SHOULD pay more for petrol - MORE for insurance - MORE for transfers / registration - MORE for excess.

So lets all drive around shit box's that will get yellowed - 6bucks every 5days - = 73 fillups a year - can you afford $440 a year wasted - some of the people can't there point is just because you have a nice car you should have to pay more....

So what your saying is that if you drive a nice car you SHOULD pay more for petrol - MORE for insurance - MORE for transfers / registration - MORE for excess.

So lets all drive around shit box's that will get yellowed - 6bucks every 5days - = 73 fillups a year - can you afford $440 a year wasted - some of the people can't there point is just because you have a nice car you should have to pay more....

my skyline is $10 more expensive than my 90 Nova Hatch to register...

and transfer is based on 3% of the total sale value plus stamp duty and some other fee...

insurance i can understand due to the car my age and full comp and the damage one can cause in it compared to the nova so no complaints there...

regardless of what we bitch about the fuel price wont change :ermm: and soon enough we will be paying $2.00p/l... it sucks but deal with it i guess...

and sammie... we all warned you about this. your still at school first car is a skyline congrats but youll find out the hard way...

/end rant