SAU Community

R34 Electrical Failure!

oktanku

Hey Fellas....got a problem...need some assistance pls

I drive a r34 gtt which goes sweet but....a few nights ago i started the car at night and turn my headlights on and the car stalled.....wtf??? now it happens all the time

i had my headlight bulbs changed a few weeks prior cause they blew....eletrician checked but could not find fault..someone mentioned to me it could be your alternator draining all the power when u swith heallights on.

if you had this problem on any skyline can you lend us some advice as i dont want to pay big $$$$s

cheers

been having same problems... but with hi beams and hazards and that... I think its alternator... but it could be anything... electrician couldnt tell so he got me to try hitting the alternator with a hammer lol... but its your own risk...

Hey Fellas....got a problem...need some assistance pls

I drive a r34 gtt which goes sweet but....a few nights ago i started the car at night and turn my headlights on and the car stalled.....wtf??? now it happens all the time

i had my headlight bulbs changed a few weeks prior cause they blew....eletrician checked but could not find fault..someone mentioned to me it could be your alternator draining all the power when u swith heallights on.

if you had this problem on any skyline can you lend us some advice as i dont want to pay big $$$$s

cheers

Mate, I had the same problem with my GTT. You didn't wet the engine bay recently?.....I noticed mine showing this problem and if you keep an eye on your volt meter, you will see a sharp drop when this happens...sometimes dangerous whilst driving when you switch the head lights on or to highbeam!...noticed that volt meter drop as well when brake pedal is pressed or electric windows put down.

It is normal for alternator to use a bit of power when you use the electricals but not to the extend that the volt drops to stalling point.

I had my alarm guy inspect the wiring and he replaced a few connectors here and there and the problem went away. Also check your coils...they can be causing the problem as well , let's hope it's not the alternator or you will need a rebuilt.

Ps...also had to replace head light bulbs as they blew.

Good luck.