SAU Community

Help On Changin Injectors >.<

hey guys

need some good advice on what to do

well i just bought new injectors from here... and i looked at the engine and it looks like we have to take out the plenum to take out the fuel rails. does anyone here know that if we take out the plenum... will the gasket break or do we have to replace a new one. if it doesn't... then i can do a home job :D but if it does... i guess its more safer to get professionals to do it >.<

thx all in advance

i did my one my self, i hated it, bastard of a job, but labours expensive!! u need a 12 or 14mm socket and extention to get to the bottom studs.. i used a ratchet spanner for the easier ones.. good luck

i did my one my self, i hated it, bastard of a job, but labours expensive!! u need a 12 or 14mm socket and extention to get to the bottom studs.. i used a ratchet spanner for the easier ones.. good luck

i was only charger $250 for the job :D if u shop around u can get some pretty ok pricers :D

dam $250 for labour... thats alot aye...

thx for the reply...

also... umm... the top half of the plenum... if u unscrew it... does it stuff up the gasket.. anyone know ?

no its a rubber gasket. as long as it isnt ripped etc, re use it

You dont need to take the plenum off.

I've swapped injectors in 2 different rb25's and an rb20, about all you need is a set of pliers and a 1/4 inch socket set and you can slide the rail out the front.

It's a bit easier if you remove the throttle body. It's a 2 hour job max, including removing the old injectors, installing the new ones and reinstalling the rail.

Well going by your user name you have an R34.

The rail will not slide out the front without removing the plenum. It comes oh so close but I tried for ages and it wouldn't come. The gasket is not rubber either but if you're careful you can reuse it no worries.

There are 3 bolts holding it on from underneath and they are all bastards. You need a 1/4 inch drive socket set to get them out. I think they are 12mm but could be 10mm.

Impedance is an electrical term. Did you mean to use that? What injectors do you have and what engine?

Well going by your user name you have an R34.

The rail will not slide out the front without removing the plenum. It comes oh so close but I tried for ages and it wouldn't come. The gasket is not rubber either but if you're careful you can reuse it no worries.

There are 3 bolts holding it on from underneath and they are all bastards. You need a 1/4 inch drive socket set to get them out. I think they are 12mm but could be 10mm.

Impedance is an electrical term. Did you mean to use that? What injectors do you have and what engine?

yes i did because if the injectors are different the std ecu will not operate them properly, there is high impedance and low impedance injectors (99%sure of this?)