SAU Community

Pod Enclosure With Cai Design

mad082

Box... I know i should get the cardboard out. Damn it I have a perfectly good panel beater living in my house...he can fab it for me when i get my lazy arse of this chair and open the hood :laugh:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

that looks more like an oil catch can to match an exedy clutch.

as for the template, are you just wanting a partition or a box system? if you are just wanting a partition, just get some thich cardboard and make one up. its not hard. just have to cut out 2 gaps for the intake pipes, and any for the intercooler pipes.

Ive got a partition with lid for sale at the moment - $50 in the carparts&accessories4sale section.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=120747 see pics

worked well, although Ive now replaced it with a proper CAI, getting everything ready for the hiflow turbo >_<

Edited by Tangles

up here in freezing QLD you don't have to have the pod enclosed, just a fixed mounting bracket.

its a bit of a funny reg that one, ive been told both and was pulled over recently and was told it had to be covered or its defectable. Needless to say i went and bought a pod enclosure, some cops say it is some say it isnt.

its a bit of a funny reg that one, ive been told both and was pulled over recently and was told it had to be covered or its defectable. Needless to say i went and bought a pod enclosure, some cops say it is some say it isnt.

it was the boondal hoon squad that pulled me over. i had the pod mounted and they didn't say anything about it. another 2 of my mates got puled over, both with pods, and by the hoon squad, again nothing. and one of the other guys asked the cop about it as well and he said as long as they are mounted, not just hanging there they are fine. they booked both the other 2 for various other problems though, like cutting the front bar for the intercooler, atmo bov, 1 had a sports steering wheel which was too small, and then the usual, bald tyres, too low, etc.

Edited by mad082

also because the filter is nearly as big as the bucket the bucket would get sucked in a bit, so air would only get to the top of the filter, not much would get to the sides. i'd have to say that the tupperware box using the panel filter is the best so far.

it looks professional like this

not really. would look better painted black. but even a hard will suck in a little. might work a little better if it was t shaped with the cold air pipe coming in the side of the bucket instead of the bottom so that the air is going straight into the filter.

not really. would look better painted black. but even a hard will suck in a little. might work a little better if it was t shaped with the cold air pipe coming in the side of the bucket instead of the bottom so that the air is going straight into the filter.

Might use a similar tub as a template, get it all to fit, then take it off and make one out of aluminium sheet.

If worried about the look of that paint one, could possible fibreglass over the top of it

Yea but if you get a hard plastic container it wont get sucked in... it looks professional like this...

hahah @ plastic bucket looking professional

sorry, but really?????

i prefer the tuperware box as it uses 2 intake pipes, both going onto the filter, so the air isn't hitting the front of it then having to travel around it. and the box is big enough to let the air flow around the filter.

• 3 months later...

This is what i have done to get air there, and just changed inside the engine bay around a little bit today and i'll post fotos of that tomorrow. I figured that if u have the pod filter joined to the induction pipe, the induction pipe goes under water (deep puddle) the suction will suck water up. I had the same sorta set up with the pod filter down behind the front spoiler but didnt feel comfortable in heavy rain or with puddles, so this is what i ended up with.

post-28112-1160474858.jpg

post-28112-1160475001.jpg

post-28112-1160475068.jpg

post-28112-1160475126.jpg

I'll post what i have done with the pod filter when i take some fotos.

hahah glad to see my thread dug up again :P thats a nice set up... where did you get the POD shield from? and did you notice any improvement over the stock air box?

Cheers