SAU Community

Auto To Manual Gearbox And Diff

hi all i just wanted to know how much is involved ie is there any hard parts that need to be addressed when doing a manual conversion in a 32. i have emailed quite a few wrecking places all over aus and the best (kit) comes from D1 garage for 1000 including everything. is there cheaper options?

if this has allready been done to death please point me in the right direction as i couldnt find anything.

secondly what is a good cheapish clutch to use if a bit of spirited driveing is needed? only needs to handle mild power

and thirdly do the auto 32s come with an open or viscus diff? i want to get a 2 way later but for now i would like to know. also if it does have an open wheeler could shagged viscuss be cheaply shimed up and used for the time being or is that just a waste of time? i just read a thread on this but no one realy had any total prices.

thanks for any input or just pointing me in the right direction.

damien

only telling you what other people have told me coz i asked the same thing yesterday.

youll need:

manual tailshaft

pedals (brake, clutch)

clutch line

clutch slave cylinder

clutch master cylinder

manual flywheel and bolts (different sized bolts)

rb20 gearbox

tunnel rubber boot

inside plastic surround and gearboot

clutch + clutch pressure plate

clutch trust bearing

ive heard that the auto ecu is useable but changes the gear ratios, not sure how true it is tho

dont bother with a stock rb20 clutch either.

thats all the info i got, big up to predator on these forums who gave me the info :)

gl with it all, steve :)