SAU Community

Window Tint

Guest INASNT

Originally posted by Arsn

What % tint did you end up getting? I want to go dark, but not so dark that it makes my windows impossible to see out of.

20% I think

I dont have vision problems...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by inark

i got darker than legal on mine and when i got pulled over by the cops at the dyno day they even said "u can barely see that p plate" to which i stayed silent as i only had it done the week before lol

mine was 150 cause im l337.... i know where the guy lives and i have his number etc so if it bubbles i go back and he redoes it for me.

p platers pffftt!!

i am getting 20% at the back and casue my interior is dark the guy said u wont be able to see in the back at all, but who cares i aint no p plater. ;)

If there are no problems with 20%, then i guess that i will go that. I might get a little lighter for the side windows, and I'll also need to get my sunroof tinted.

I really wonder what my last cars windows were tinted at if i couldn't see out the back window at night. You could only see headlights of the cars behind you, nothing more. But it worked a treat if you didn't want people to be able to see in...

my back w/screen is supposedly 15%, no vision problems for me...

the tinter at Premier said a lot of jap imorts come over with 5-10% tint on them [at the back mainly]sp maybe you had that Arsn?

Yeah maybe. The car was imported a bit before i bought it. It looked really good, but i just couldn't see why someone would want to go so dark. It just makes all your windows usless.

At least when it was dry you could just open a window, i had so many troubles when it was raining.

If your back window is 15%, then maybe i could go 20% all round without any hassles. I've got a black car, so it should look pretty impressive.

Guest INASNT

just remember with 20% all round if u have a smash and the insurance guy come to look at your car u will be in shit!

I'm getting mine done at Premier - 'Back and Sides Please!!!'

The guy told me $250 - their top of the range stuff - 'Mirage' I think he called it. Triple Layer Metallic Film, 66% Heat Reduction, and Lifetime Guarantee...sounds pretty sweet to me.

Going to book it in on Saturday, but unsure of what % tint to go...

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by Ronin 09

inasnt, mine is 20%, you've seen it. If you have a crash, just peel and hey presto, gone!

os your 20% on the drivers and pasengers windows 2?

Guest INASNT

35% all round!

just dropped my car off and had to walk home, yes WALK only 15 mins anyway:D They will do what u like, 5% limo tint all around even but they will only put supply on the receipt coz it aint legal and they dont want to get blamed later down the track.