SAU Community

Traffic Watch

R32Abuser

"Dear Sir.

RE Community Traffic Watch Report

I am writting to you as the registered owner of a **** Nissan Sedan

A Member of the public has reported this vehicle to police under the "Traffic Watch" Scheme, because they percieved the driver of the abov vehicle breached the Australian Road Rules in that:

At about 3pm on the 3/4/2006 Cross RD Unley Park, the driver of your vehicle was seen Excessive noise emitting from exhaust.

I am sure you will appreciate thheir concerns and request that you, if you were not the driver of the vehicle at the above mentioned time, take up this matter with the driver of the vehicle, in an effort to modify such behavior in the future.

Any further reports involving your vehicle may result in a visit from police and the possibility of the driver being reported for an offense against the Australian Road Rules.

Please enjoy safe driving.

Your faithfully...."

Has anyone else got one of these before?? What a load of crap! I dont drive my car hard at all, in fact if anything i drive it a bit too soft. The car is reasonably loud but nothing to obnocious.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who was it from? The police?

Never had one and don't wish to either.

Its a load of crap public can simply dob some one in, it wouldn't suprise me if it was one of those bogans that simply hate imports.

yea lets dob this prick in for not doing anything because he drives an import, get his car impounded.

Drop another good quality muffler in after the cat, quieten it down considerably to prevent furthur problems without killing power.

Should cost around $200-$250 depending on the muffler (s/steel etc)

If you know you were simply cruising give them a buzz and dispute the matter, while your there find out a little info on this community traffic watch program.

Find out who can report such an incident, if they require training or if it can be any member of the public.

I believe in the US only trained volunteers from the public can report such incidents.

A good example of how this can get out of hand is only the other day I had a dero bogan in his VP Commodore mouthing 'Piece of shit jap crap' to me at the traffic lights.. Then off he went with that v6 auto roar, I'm sure you all know the horrid sound from one of those with an exhaust.

All it requires is for him and or a mate to think 'hey lets dob this prick in for hooning or whatever' and the next thing I know I'm receiving a notice or have the police at the door.

"All it requires is for him and or a mate to think 'hey lets dob this prick in for hooning or whatever' and the next thing I know I'm receiving a notice or have the police at the door"....

I got defected in my driveway after apparantly being reoprted for the 'way I was driving" It is bullshit cops do what they want and get away for it, Id like to know where the hell is the burdon of proof in these instances?........whats to stop sumone who doesn't like you doing this?.....Fact is cops hate skylines and they will do whatever they can to get them off the raod, legally or by just harrassing skyline owners Im sick of it and im sure others are to.

Yeah from SAPOL....got it in the mail today...

Funny bout it taking 2 months to get to me since the report was placed. I kno i wouldnt have been "hooning". More than likely i would have been driving along normally, and overtaken someone and held it in second or 3rd till 60. Some pompus bastard has gone..."aww yeah yet another hoon" and decided to say something about it.

Its not really that loud. But i completely agree with you. Whats to stop me doing it to someone i dont like? Ill give them a call sometime this week and see what i can find out about this mess.

As for the muffler... lol i have none besides the cannon atm. Only pulls just over 90DB... ive already been thinking of doing that for a while... Might just have to get round to it whilst replacing the cannon at the same time.

Cheers

Ahh well what to do.. Drive sensibly around traffic, keep the exhaust quiet, be courteous/patient to other drivers/pedestrians.

I know I always allow people to cross in front and wave them on, if we all do this and drive sensibly then the image of import owners will change.

The problem with this is it won't happen, these cars are cheap and available to first car owners on their P's.

And we all know how young people drive, well thinking back to when I was that age, I was an idiot, always overtaking, always had to be infront. :

I grew up down south where there was a road called the big dipper.

One day I was cruising up that way delivering KFC and what do I see... A cop car flying down and up the dipper with grins from ear to ear as they hammered it past me in the opposite direction. >_<

i know what you mean man, apparently the police in my area have had a few complaints about my engine noise (exhaust in guessing), and without warning they are at my house with a tow truck, impounding it, for a thorough inspection? WTF i nearly died, i havnt done anything, my exhaust has been defected previous and WAS cleared by the epa, WAT THE f**k is with people these days, GET A LIFE I REKON!

Edited by bogcock

If you get a letter in the mail....... FLATOUT deny you were there at that time, and if they CANNOT prove that you were there, then ASK for an apology, and or that you will be persuing this further........... Do what you want from there!

Maybe we need to be dobbing in cops for doing things also.......... "yeh there was this cop in his cop car absolutly speeding past me this afternoon, WITHOUT his/her lights flashing, and the car number is XXX!" Dunno might work, also might just piss of the dogs more!

Then off he went with that v6 auto roar, I'm sure you all know the horrid sound from one of those with an exhaust.

Yep all SA residents know the Buick V6 roar. Quite possibly the worst sounding engine ever.

Still tho...why members of the public are aloud to do this load of bollocks ill never know. All i can do is complain to them and thats about where it ends. Bogcock- so they just turned up and towed ur car away? Police powers have gone too far.

Yeah i too received one of these scare letters today!

It basically gives the public the right to determine if you have committed an offence or not and then report it!

Innocent until proven guilty! What an abuse of power!

I remember the incident well, where this 'senior citizen' almost collided with me when he ran through a give way sign! He starts beeping and waving his arms in the air, he pulls over and waves me over. Winds his window down, his blood was boiling, he said you are supposed to give way to me! I was like didn't you see the Give Way sign? He kept on going on and on and on that i had to give way! This guy should not be driving on the road and i told him so! He abviously could not hack been in the wrong and this is the result!

Apparently I was driving without due care! In the letter they gave the time, date and address of the alleged incident, 1 week before my birthday, so I know 100% it was him! Damn senior citizens!!!

Im sure this sought of info goes straight into a database and gets bought up if or when you actually do something wrong! Or when you get pulled up they can check how many complaints there have been....etc

Watch out import owners! We are getting ass-raped!

Edited by HR-32

Still tho...why members of the public are aloud to do this load of bollocks ill never know. All i can do is complain to them and thats about where it ends. Bogcock- so they just turned up and towed ur car away? Police powers have gone too far.

Well yer as I said.. In the US you have to do a small course in order to report incidents as such.

I believe it too was called neighbourhood traffic Watch.

You think mayb they have done it all in one foul swoop today sending them out?! Seeing as mine was done so long ago i cant see why they wud wait so long to notify me. My car has been on defect before so this certainly doesnt help the cars record. What did u get done for HR 32??

my company reports staff driving in a way to upset any customers. Someone was leaving work the other day in a rotory 929 and the "boss" heard him leave from work and got his plate number the next day.

the problem is that the majority of idiots out on the roads are in descret cars like comodores, ect and people only take notice when a import/sports car is involved

Anyone tried calling any other authorities to find out what the deal is? If they are just other drivers then this shouldnt happen just because of the cars we are driving. If someone like what happened to HR-32 can just report you even when they are running give way signs then whats next.

Anytime something happens like that get their plate and where it happened and report it straight away so if they try it then its against them already. If they want to bring these stupid laws in where a toddler can report us for driving over his lollipop then we can do it striaght back. Everytime i see these 'hoon' tapes on the news or current affairs programs they are over 60% commonwhores and yet they pick on imports the most, get the bogans off the road and things will sort themselves out. Also get seniors to go for driving tests every year after 60 and eyes checked to make sure an 8 sided red sign registers as stop.

Edited by black33_26