SAU Community

7inch Rims

DJC1

Yo,

Took my car through the pits for the second time with my factory rims on or what I believe to be factory rims

(5 spoke with NISSAN across them) AND BECAUSE THEY WERE 7.5 INCHES ACROSS AND NOT 7 INCHES THEY WOUDLN'T PASS IT (WANKAS) I don't understand the car was complianced here in WA so shouldn't it have met the standards then???

But any way I just need to find out what 7inch rims or less will go on my R33 GTS-T(I could use the compliance argument against them but I don't want to open a can of worms and possibly risk making my car illegal all together ) ....Ford Falcon?Does anyone know what rims might fit?I would be willing to pay$ just to borrow a set of 6-7inch rims with tyres to get this bloody saga over and done with.

Cheers

ive got a set of stock 33 rims with new tyres on them sitting aside for the time being...

Hey mate if they are 7inch and not 7.5 like my factory R33 rims maybe we could sort something out?

they should be perfectly leagal. the law states in the guidlines that wheels can be UPTO 1" wider, and 1" larger in diametre than factory wheels. i have it in writing at work. The if you went to dpi website you can get the info. Will see if i can get the site and let you know tomorrow. Seriously i reckon you could argue this one and win quite easy. Have you spoken to Reno?? MAybe also try that.

Regards

R Dirty 3

they should be perfectly leagal. the law states in the guidlines that wheels can be UPTO 1" wider, and 1" larger in diametre than factory wheels. i have it in writing at work. The if you went to dpi website you can get the info. Will see if i can get the site and let you know tomorrow. Seriously i reckon you could argue this one and win quite easy. Have you spoken to Reno?? MAybe also try that.

Regards

R Dirty 3

are you sure?

im 99% sure its 2" larger in diameter, and up to 7", unless wider from factory.

just went and checked my rims, they are 16x6.5" with 205/50R16's on them, were used for compliance of a stagea last week.

are you sure?

im 99% sure its 2" larger in diameter, and up to 7", unless wider from factory.

just went and checked my rims, they are 16x6.5" with 205/50R16's on them, were used for compliance of a stagea last week.

pretty sure its only 1". i know i have the info at work. I will find it and direct you to the exact website location. as most govt things it is written a little cryptic which makes it open to interpretation but all us at work read it the same way. will let you know tomorrow if you want and you can rerad it and see how you take it to mean. Im not saying that im right and your wrong (yet) hahaha but thats how we understood it.

WIll post details tomorrow night

pretty sure its only 1". i know i have the info at work. I will find it and direct you to the exact website location. as most govt things it is written a little cryptic which makes it open to interpretation but all us at work read it the same way. will let you know tomorrow if you want and you can rerad it and see how you take it to mean. Im not saying that im right and your wrong (yet) hahaha but thats how we understood it.

WIll post details tomorrow night

nah thats cool, it doesnt really bother me.

ive got a set of 17x9" and 17x8.5" on my skyline at the moment, so i *know* they are illegal >_<

thats why i keep the stockers...

By the way thanks Mitchy for lending us those rims/tyres...>_<

we had no probs at the pits with sizing...he just checked the tyre size and that was all....maybe you got them on a bad day!! :

By the way thanks Mitchy for lending us those rims/tyres... >_<

we had no probs at the pits with sizing...he just checked the tyre size and that was all....maybe you got them on a bad day!! :

thats alright!

i wasnt using them.. and hopefully i wont need to use them much! :D

By the way thanks Mitchy for lending us those rims/tyres...>_<

Yeah I'm sure I could probably weasel my way out of it with some kind of loop hole but seriously at the end of the day if some old c**t thinks he is right then he aint going to let some young bloke push him around so to be honest I'd rather just borrow some rims with tyres on them and after my car has been past through the pits I'm going to fire bomb the joint...ha ha nah jokes.

Mitchy if you don't mind lending them for a price or watever you reckon is fair could you please leave a number ?

Yeah I'm sure I could probably weasel my way out of it with some kind of loop hole but seriously at the end of the day if some old c**t thinks he is right then he aint going to let some young bloke push him around so to be honest I'd rather just borrow some rims with tyres on them and after my car has been past through the pits I'm going to fire bomb the joint...ha ha nah jokes.

Mitchy if you don't mind lending them for a price or watever you reckon is fair could you please leave a number ?

FFS its the LAW! Tell the old c**t where to go! If he wants to enforce the law, tell him to find out what it IS first. Show him the proof and tell him to pass the car. You can go to the trouble to change the rims if you feel thats good for you, but you're doing both of you a favour by teaching this old guy that he doesnt know his shit IMO

FFS its the LAW! Tell the old c**t where to go! If he wants to enforce the law, tell him to find out what it IS first. Show him the proof and tell him to pass the car. You can go to the trouble to change the rims if you feel thats good for you, but you're doing both of you a favour by teaching this old guy that he doesnt know his shit IMO

thats all good and well, but then they go to town on your car, and make it even harder for you to pass.

id rather just change the rims and get it done with.

Yeah thats a good point! although you dont have to be rude about it..

Even if you do change the wheels, I think you should let him know that he was wrong to save it happening to others!! (once he's finished your car of course!)

Yeah thats a good point! although you dont have to be rude about it..

Even if you do change the wheels, I think you should let him know that he was wrong to save it happening to others!! (once he's finished your car of course!)

Yeah as I said b4 I didn't want to open a can of worms and ruin my chances of getting through so I'll just keep people happy and show them the "legal" size rims :-(

Thanks for the advice crew and Mitchy I'll give you a call today or on the weekend...cheers!

I'd rather argue about it with him and prove he's wrong than change a set of wheels to something the same as what you already have. Whats the point seriously???

Realistically you are better to just shut up, change the wheels and get your car approved. Yes he is wrong and will probably pass you car THIS TIME...but next time??

Regards

R DIrty 3

Hey Mitchy the rims you gave me are the same ones Ive got spewing!But anyway my old man is taking the car through tmrw morning with my factory rims on and Ive shown my old boy WHERE IT SAYS 16X6.5 so they can't not pass me now.Third time lucky!And on the inside of were your front door closes it has the manufacturers specifications for wheels sizes 16X6.5 so hopefully they can put two and two together :D