SAU Community

External Wastegates What Pipping Goes Where?

hey who could tell me where these pipes are supposed to go ,the first one (by the way my car is running fine)is located on top of the WG and goes directly to the intake manifold but has a T piece just before it that goes to the boost gauge, which all seems fine , now the second fitting on the back of the WG has no pipe on it at all and seeing how im just about to put a BOV on the intake piping i was curious as to what this fitting on the WG is actually for ? also would fitting the BOV into the first line(for vaccum) to the intake affect anything ? who has done this ? help me please worried about fuc@##$ it up!

are you talking about the bit on the side of the wastegate? thats the exhaust part.. u usually put a pipe goign towards the ground or plumbing back into your exhaust system.

id be thinking it would be the air pressure feeds to control the boost pressure..

top is feed from pressure side from the boost controller, side is direct feed from the pressure side (hot pipe or plenum)

id be thinking it would be the air pressure feeds to control the boost pressure..

top is feed from pressure side from the boost controller, side is direct feed from the pressure side (hot pipe or plenum)

is there any where i could get a diagram of these lines for a ext WG as i can see what you mean one goes to the inlet plenum which splits just before, to feed the boost gauge,( my car isnt currently running a boost controll er or a BOV) and the ohter one on the end has got a pipe on it yet (does have a sreamer pipe pipe running underneath the WG)as the pipes im talking about are 6mm rubber hoses