SAU Community

Funny Noise From Engine

Hey guys,

I've noticed in the past week that I have been getting a lovely metal on metal kind of sound like a bearing or something along those lines, I know alot of you will say to go to a mechanic or something like that but I think it could be the turbo? Its a continuous sound from when I start the car to when I stop it.

If its the turbo how much am I looking at for a fix i know its gonna cost me an arm and a leg but It's also getting a service and tune within the next fortnight and is this a problem I should really get assessed. I dont have alot of money at the moment so I'm kinda freaking..

Any help would be appreciated

Tim

need more info? when does it happen (idling, under throttle, in gear, clutch out, driving etc.)?? how does the car drive?? Have you stuck your ear under the bonnet and tried to locate the source or can you just narrow it down to the engine??

I very much doubt that a metal on metal kind of sound is turbo related. I sagest that you take it to the mechanic sooner then later. It could be something very important. Also if it happens to be the turbo and something falls off it and into the motor you will be crying all the way to then bank when it nails your motor.

I always say better safe then sorry.

I blew my turbo the other day...the compressor wheel hitting the inside of the housing makes a metal on metal niose! But then again mine didnt make the noise all the time until it was well and truely blown...and you would know cause there would be no boost!!!