SAU Community

Rejoin from hell

PranK

These are those $13,990 Excels from 1997 right? They were flimsy when they were brand new 🙂..... The work those guys did on that car to make it as safe as it was in that incident is phenomenal.

• Like 1

I like that he had presence of mind to hit the kill switch....and even more so that the obligatory dash mat stayed in place (who wants a sun cracked dash!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 02/06/2024 at 9:41 PM, Rezz said:

These are those $13,990 Excels from 1997 right? They were flimsy when they were brand new 🙂..... The work those guys did on that car to make it as safe as it was in that incident is phenomenal.

Yeah you can pick them up for $1000 now, good condition road going ones for $3000. They handle OK for a FWD and the power to weight ratio's not too bad. Great little nugget to get into racing, and shitbox rallying etc.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Absolutely. Not knocking their ability on track at all, looks like a whole heap of fun. Just the crash safety aspect which I had my doubts about which those guys where able to engineer out of it 😄

Edited by Rezz

On 04/06/2024 at 2:42 PM, funkymonkey said:

Yeah you can pick them up for $1000 now, good condition road going ones for $3000. They handle OK for a FWD and the power to weight ratio's not too bad. Great little nugget to get into racing, and shitbox rallying etc.

Absolutely. Not knocking their ability on track at all, looks like a whole heap of fun. Just the crash safety aspect which I had my doubts about which those guys where able to engineer out of it 😄

On 6/4/2024 at 3:42 PM, funkymonkey said:

Chatting one someone recently at racing them at QR.

They say you can't take turn 2 in one flat stick in 4th. They don't have the torque to pull them selves straight, so make sure you're ringing it's neck out in 3rd instead :P