SAU Community

Gtr Stolen!

RAZORSEDGE

I feel sorry for you mate.

So.. the car didn't have an alarm/immobolisers? If it did - What sort???

Either 80% of skyline owners DONT have full comp insurance or the theives have an insurance radar! Why is it that so many skylines that are stolen dont have full comp? It blows my mind!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can you tell me what your rego plate? i see a lot of gun-metal around my area wich is a hot spot fo theft. and also did you club lock your car? i always club myne even tho it has all the security system in it. just to deter theives,but im not sure on how hard it is to get past a clublock it might be really easy for a pro,but then again what theif would wanna stuff a round with a clublock and getting past an emobilizer while a alarm siren is ringing.

why is it that so many skylines that are stolen dont have full comp? It blows my mind!! :)

because many are young, and speaking for myself dont think it is always worth the money. if i had comprehensive insurance for the skyline and my old one i would have paid 14grand in insurance over 3 years, if i made a claim now because it was stolen then altogether $16500 and a bad insurance record. this is for a car which is worth less than 20k.

i would love to have full comp insurance but i just cant convince myself to fork out that kind of money to insure my car, i would rather be very careful although i know this is often not enough, and everyone gets lazy sometimes.

im sure u can see where im coming from?

Absolutely, I can see where you're coming from. In my mind though, the $2500 odd per year is a 'running cost' for my vehicle. I wouldnt even consider not insuring it!

I've been burnt before by writing off a Supra while DUI. It really sucks having an insurance company tell you where to go when you try to claim the cost of the car back. I couldn't go through losing another baby + the money spent on it!! :pirate:

I just hope that those guys that dont have full comp, and are being 'careful' are very lucky too. There is tooo many asshole theives out there...

sorry to hear that dude

feel for ya, this is one of my biggest fears,

all the best in getting it back champ

will keep my eyes peeled open as i do live out west most boosted cars come down this way

will let u know if i see something

and yehh full comp is a must these days

Sorry man, good luck in finding it. Will keep my eye on any new skylines that come into town.

I'm paying like $110 a month for full insurance with $22,000 agreed value through Shannon’s, the car may not be worth a bit less but if it gets stolen i would have plenty to replace it back to where it was or better.

Really helps me sleep at night.

Hope that bit of info helps when you get your skyline back.

I feel sorry for you mate.

So.. the car didn't have an alarm/immobolisers? If it did - What sort???

Either 80% of skyline owners DONT have full comp insurance or the theives have an insurance radar! Why is it that so many skylines that are stolen dont have full comp? It blows my mind!! :blush:

I feel sorry for you mate.I allways park where i can see the car or know that it is being looked after!!

So many skylines dont have full comp because most are quoted well above $3K and cant afford it.Also allot are knocked back on their previous driving history.

My full comp insurance @60% no claim,cost me $2750 thru just car,no pay by the month which i wasnt happy about at the time.absolutly ridiculous imo.

When i first bought the car i was quoted,from all places i looked at full comp,between $$5-6K p/a.At that rate i would have the car paid for in 3yrs.so i opted for just the compulsory 3rd party.

Hope you find your car soon. Yeah full insurance is a must these days.

I have learnt that the hard way. I am still under 10 grand debt because of stupid choice of 3rd party.

If it's a cheap and nasty clublock you can whack it a few times with a hammer and it will come apart.

Are you serious?

Are they really that crap? I thought they were pretty strong. I was actually thinking of getting one myself.

Guess what I need is like a wheel lock or something but then a pro would know how to get them of aswell huh.

Can you post vin/chasis etc. Will keep an eye out in canb.

So many possibilities. Resold interstate, parts, upcoming crime getaway car. Sounds real organised so likelyhood of return isnt good soz.

Thank a ton guys...

I just hope i get it back...doestn't matter even if it is pieces.....just don't wanna give up hope..... :rofl:

The whole reason for so many skylines getting stolen is because of the police's hopelessness in putting these ar@#$#$$ behind bars....they have no record of all these chop shops and these racketeers....they do nothing about stolen cars...gives these %$#@#$@$@# a reason to be bold and steal!!!

ONCE AGAIN....THE REWARD IS STILL UP $2000 CASH!!!

REGO NUMBER: AUH 42E

PLEASE CALL 0433211630 OR THE POLICE.....

The whole reason for so many skylines getting stolen is because of the police's hopelessness in putting these ar@#$#$$ behind bars....they have no record of all these chop shops and these racketeers....they do nothing about stolen cars...gives these %$#@#$@$@# a reason to be bold and steal!!!

Probably gonna get flamed for this but i don't quite think that's a very just comment to make.

everybody look at my signature BEFORE you respond to this post!

In all honesty, with the amount of shit they have to deal with, how are they meant to prevent the thefts? They can't read minds, they can't sit outside every house with a nice car every night and keep watch and when you report it, do you expect them to fly a chopper over the suburbs looking for your car? Fair go, we wouldn't be able to do the job any better.

(before someone jumps in and says "i'd take a batton to their heads" - let's keep in mind that they have restrictions and be realistic about our responses)

In regards to chop-shops... once again, they can't read minds eh.

Sorry for your loss, trust me, i know hoe you feel... at least you had some kind of cover on yours and at least they didn't break into your "secure car park" at home and take it... but let's not be unfair, we want to build a good rep with the authorities remember.

While I feel for you and your loss, dont start blaming the Police for the theft of your under insured GTR that you parked on the street overnight in a high risk area.

Its your responsibility to take the nessesary steps to secure your car.

Do you realise how many cars are stolen daily? What exactly do you expect from the Police?

How many cars are stolen in Australia?

Last year in Australia more than 85,000 vehicles were stolen. This equates to 235 vehicles stolen each day, or nearly one theft for every 150 vehicles registered.

Now you can start to understand why the cops can't do anything about it. There is nowhere near the man-power required to combat this!

• 2 months later...

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I was just searching for insurance info, found this post and thought I'd add my experience with Pyrmont...

I lived in Pyrmont for 3 months when I first moved to Sydney in 2003 and it was a shocking experience. I lived in the Goldsbrough building (that giant yellow/orange brick woolshed that you can see looking over darling harbour).

I'd never been confronted by so much car theft activity in my life (and still haven't since, having lived in other parts of the city/newtown/darlinghurst in the last 3 years).

Here's some of the things I saw / dealt with in the short 3 months I was there:

1 - I witnessed several breakins on the street (Pyrmont st)

2 - A girl I met in the building parked her MG convertible in the car park behind Goldsbrough and had it broken into at least 3 times in a period of a few weeks. Each time they slashed her soft-top, costing $3k to replace each time. The insurance company told her they wouldn't cover the soft-top anymore.

3 - I initially parked my GTR at my Aunties place until I could find parking. I eventually rented a car space off a nice girl in the next building up. It was a secure tenant's car park and in addition, my car space was caged with a metal, lockable garage door. They still got in. I arrived at my car one day to find that the metal door had been bent out of shape and it even looked like they ground down the cement that the lock bolt went into to help open it. All the car spaces had the same door and at least 5 cars suffered the same fate. Luckily the thieves were only after car stereos and didn't even touch my car after going to so much effort to get to it.. My car has the stock GTR radio.. worthless. At least 3 cars were smashed and had their head units removed.

4 - I was regularly followed in Pyrmont. Obviously given the area I was already weary so I kept an eye out, but some were very brazen. I remember one night I had a feeling someone was following me so I started taking some unusual turns.. sure enough the guy kept following me. So I floored it down Pyrmont St. he also floored it and gave chase... Mind you, this wasn't some guy wanting to race me. It was a shitty car (eg not taken care of).. probably a VL or something, and the guy wasn't trying to get next to me at lights. He didn't want to race, he wanted to follow me and find out where I parked the car.

He caught up at lights and I kept taking random turns. He eventually gave up after a couple of mins because I think his small brain realised that it might have been enough time for me to call the cops.

I decided after that incident that I would drive straight to the city cop shop if it happened again. It never happened that bad again as I got out of Pyrmont.. never again. That place is an absolute shocker.

Razor... sorry about your car, but I hope you didn't actually live there, because parking a car like that on the street with inadequate insurance when you know the area is begging for it.

Very sorry to hear about your loss Razor.. no one deserve's this shit, the fckn scum lowlifes there are out there deserved to be f**ked up as far as im concerned.

I keep reading about this in Syd, and it's starting to get me worried.. Im on my L's, and i've been sourcing out GTS's or 180/S13's for my P's, to sell off and get a GTR when im on full licence..

The more i think about it, when purchasing one its like the cost of the car +10k.. To be really safe, as in, Comprehensive Car Insurance, Full Imobiliser System, Security, Steering Lock etc..