SAU Community

Can Someone Explain Pod Air Filters To Me

AlexR34

yup like the rest of the thread:

Department of Transport will not defect a pod filter if it is chassis mounted and secured.

Cops will try to defect your pod if they get under the hood, so you're allowed to fight this. Just don't piss the copper off or he might find something really wrong with your car.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah bit if you buy a proper CAI box, like the ones maxx sells here:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...showtopic=57642

Then it is totally enclosed and secured, I fail to see how they would be able to defect that?

I know, I know, cops will defect anything they can bloody well like, so I guess it would be less likely.

Still all depends on what type of cop you get, what you were doing at the time and wether the officer has met thier quota for the shift I guess.

no furl lines in car

there all in boot

i found out its illegal anyways

It is actually not illegal. Just have to have the cabin sealed from the boot or the tank and pumps enclosed in a box.

It is actually not illegal. Just have to have the cabin sealed from the boot or the tank and pumps enclosed in a box.

well try telling qld transport that

never mind the saftey issues involved either

well try telling qld transport that

never mind the saftey issues involved either

I don't need to tell them that, they told me that.

Here, have their number...maybe you can use it.38639892. You will need to be transfered to the mods department.

There is no law pertaining to pod filters. It's a crock and they all know it.

Secured means attached to the air pipe, not filter secured to the body of the car. However, they will still defect you for it. When a cop defects you for something....if you ask for it, they must state the defect code or state the exact reason for defect....not just because it seems like it could be defectable.

Still all depends on what type of cop you get, what you were doing at the time and wether the officer has met thier quota for the shift I guess.

Using the two quotes.. with the first one if you ask them to state the defect code or state the exact reason for defect, you might as well ask them which position would they like you to bend over... The second quote would be the most logical reason behind if you will be defected or not. If you drive a car that is not very eye catching, drive like a normal motorist (ie. not spinning wheels, etc) then you should be fine most of the time. As soon as your car catches their eyes? well get your wallet ready :D

Not to say there isnt any nice officers tho, I have meet a few and they are great but just like fruits there are always a few bad ones..

Edited by Yotis

Using the two quotes.. with the first one if you ask them to state the defect code or state the exact reason for defect, you might as well ask them which position would they like you to bend over... The second quote would be the most logical reason behind if you will be defected or not. If you drive a car that is not very eye catching, drive like a normal motorist (ie. not spinning wheels, etc) then you should be fine most of the time. As soon as your car catches their eyes? well get your wallet ready :)

Not to say there isnt any nice officers tho, I have meet a few and they are great but just like fruits there are always a few bad ones..

yep well said asking them to state the defect code and state the exact reason for defect is asking for trouble

yer true pumps should be mounted in an enclosed box ect ect as said, but correct placement and fitment of surgetanks is crucial for saftey otherwise you may as well have a bomb in your boot as thats what will happen (fires or explosions) if they are not saftey mounted and an accident occur's etc etc................................ :laugh::wub::(:O:(:pirate::pirate::pirate:

So is not being able to open your bonnet a defect ? Maybe that might slow them down a bit ! Just relocate your bonnet release, leave the old one there and say it must of just broke ! What they cant see cant hurt hey.

So is not being able to open your bonnet a defect ? Maybe that might slow them down a bit ! Just relocate your bonnet release, leave the old one there and say it must of just broke ! What they cant see cant hurt hey.

haha I love this... sorry this is actually making me laught... picture this.. you get pulled over, then the officer (obviously wanted to defect you) says "please open your bonnet" and your response was either say "hrmm.. I cant the bonnet release is broken" or go outside and try to act that the bonnet is broken. If I'm the officer I would immediately put one defect on the fact that the hatch release is broken and call for a tow truck or worse look for other things to defect. Either way your screwed possibly more screwed. :D All comes down to how bad they want to defect you and the reason behind it.

Edited by Yotis

haha I love this... sorry this is actually making me laught... picture this.. you get pulled over, then the officer (obviously wanted to defect you) says "please open your bonnet" and your response was either say "hrmm.. I cant the bonnet release is broken" or go outside and try to act that the bonnet is broken. If I'm the officer I would immediately put one defect on the fact that the hatch release is broken and call for a tow truck or worse look for other things to defect. Either way your screwed possibly more screwed. :happy: All comes down to how bad they want to defect you and the reason behind it.

Yeah, thats whats im getting at - they might also find it amusing and let you go ! ( though not likely )

When i registered my car i was told the pod filters were not legal and had to go. I asked to see where this was written in the rule book, the guy couldnt find anything either way so let it go through anyway !

When i registered my car i was told the pod filters were not legal and had to go. I asked to see where this was written in the rule book, the guy couldnt find anything either way so let it go through anyway !

Hrmm.. you mean when you were trying to get a RWC? or the transport department person? I got my car registered no problems before, all they are interested in were... this is the car and where is the engine block number... :pirate: