SAU Community

Calder Drags - April 4th

R31Nismoid

Pred: I was expecting a higher terminals speed than 95mph from your car. What was your highest MPH that night? The helmet dose block out a lot of noise you need. Particularly when shifting close to the rev limit. I hit my rev limiter numerous times in 1st and 2nd.

Jet: Scared you'll run a 15, huh? :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh heaps mate, how could my car go slower when the track had 3x more traction last nite, itd only run a 16 if u drove cos im tippin u have no idea...my car will run mid 13s easy...with wheelspin in 1st and 2nd, i had a t/s of 101, and my car has more power that preds, if i had the same mods as him (fmic, ebc, coil overs and pineapples), well, u can figure out 4 yaself what times id b runnin..

so u can take ya piece of crap, tank, ugly box peice of shite and drive it back to where ever it is u cam from in ya mummas ug boots :)

haha, just read u live in camberra, OMG, haha, enuff said

no wonder u have a gay car and are a bit of a tool

do every1 a favour a shoot yaself or take yaself to a gtir forum

i thinks its www.ifyouratoolanddriveamegauglycar.com.au :shake:

by the way its a joke dude so dont cry, il send u some tissues if you would like?

damn i'm jealous! 12.3!!! congrats. what kind of tyres you got at what pressure and what what were your take offs like? (rpm, dump, slip, etc). all i could manage on my run was a terminal of 107mph as well at 12.7 what were your 60 foot times? mine were about the 1.8sec mark.

Originally posted by JAGR33

Anyway after a few crappy runs, the best time achieved was 12.3 @ 107mph. Quite happy with that considering the mods I've got (full exhaust, pod filters, adj cam gears and 12psi boost). Clutch was slipping like f**k on the last run so nismo twin plate is going in next week.

Pity we didn't get to see more of you guys out there having a bit of fun....

Yeah Ula32, didn't expect to be that quick. Tyres are Bridgestone G'Grids 265/35/18 (all round), not sure what psi they had in them???

Take offs were a bit inconsistent, especially the last two runs, the (standard) clutch was slipping quite a bit. Found that launching it at 5500 rpm was the best, as the start line was very grippy. Also perfect conditions for drag racing.....

60 ft time was 1.850, 660 ft was 7.963 @ 88.44mph and ET 12.391 @ 107.53mph. Haven't got a scanner to post time slip...

U got similar mods yeh???

Jet: Mate, you can talk mid-13's all you want. But it's all talk to me.

Wow, I work in ACT. So what, I'm from Melb. You're point?

And your Jet-33 is still slower than my ugly peice of crap? Perhaps you should change your nick to Slug-33 :(

Guest INASNT

nice time pred but u should have got a higher terminal speed than that, did u short shift? Bet u shat youeself when that 9 sec car pulled up besides u!! hehehe

Ula: The 0-60 foot wouldn't matter so much. Especially since you're both 4WD. Compare the half-track times and speeds. Perhaps his power in lower gears and torque curve is more aggressive.

JagR33: I still think the best way to launch the GTR would be to get the rear wheels spinning as soon as possible. This will engauge the 4WD sooner and will hook-up a lot earlier.

Just for comparisons sake. Richie (SXYGTR) did a 12.9 when I ran my car two years ago at 106mph. His car was 'stock-as-a-rock'. He can confirm that though. He was launching at the rev-limiter, so he told me.

Originally posted by uLa32

damn i'm jealous! 12.3!!! congrats. what kind of tyres you got at what pressure and what what were your take offs like? (rpm, dump, slip, etc). all i could manage on my run was a terminal of 107mph as well at 12.7 what were your 60 foot times? mine were about the 1.8sec mark.

poyz - My car ran a 13.1 when I first got it (completely standard) but it was in 30 degree heat, not ideal drag conditions.

As far as launcing on the rev limiter, this causes too much wheelspin even though its 4wd, and slightly reduces the time. I know coz I've tried it. You have to find the right amount of revs where its enough to sling shot off the line and not bog down. Depending on the grip of the start line, I found that between 5500 and 6000 rpm was as good as perfect on the night.

Another major factor why its not good to launch it on the limiter is that the standard clutch is not really up for it. Several launche like these results in a new clutch.

With a good twin plate clutch and some drag slicks, then yes you could probably launch it on the limiter....

JagR33: You're right, didn't realise you had a std clutch. A 7000-8000 rpm dump would just slip like mad on a std clutch.

What was your terminal speed when you did a 13.1?

Nonetheless, a really good time with that terminal speed. Says a lot about the driver :(

mods are almost similar... the only differences is that i dont have front pipes and cat to suit, i'm running 2 psi more and i had a new clutch in there for about 2 months. my tyres could play a part, they're only cheapie $120 tyres all round. tuning could play a part too. i got it setup more for top end than torque. maybe i need to find more torque. my 660ft was 8.156 @ 85.87mph so i'm slower there already.

maybe tuning i guess.... launching at 7grand for me i found that it was way better... whatever you do, don't launch at 3 grand... lol :(

Originally posted by JAGR33

Yeah Ula32, didn't expect to be that quick. Tyres are Bridgestone G'Grids 265/35/18 (all round), not sure what psi they had in them???

Take offs were a bit inconsistent, especially the last two runs, the (standard) clutch was slipping quite a bit. Found that launching it at 5500 rpm was the best, as the start line was very grippy. Also perfect conditions for drag racing.....

60 ft time was 1.850, 660 ft was 7.963 @ 88.44mph and ET 12.391 @ 107.53mph. Haven't got a scanner to post time slip...  

U got similar mods yeh???

pa... i don't think i saw any turbos ran under 10 that night but i was kinda busy... mostly all the old aussie cars all stoopided up with supercharges and things who spend so much money on them, but half the time they'd be nowhere near street driveable.

If I had a 12 second street car (even if its 12.9) that i could drive each day i would be happy.. even if its only a GTS-T i would still be happy. I'm happy knowing that its maybe only $5k away if I want to do it one day.

Poyz - my terminal speed when I ran a 13.1 was 105mph

Ula32 - Get yourself some front pipes and a cat to suit, that should make a difference, also are you runing standard computer or Power FC??