SAU Community

Polishes/wax

i use menzerna, got a few polishes dependng on the application..106 for my darker coloured car..

have a bosch random orbital and full set of edge pads.

have some p21s as the sealant wax but gonna try menzerna.

been using megs quick detailer+clay but gonna switch over to clay magic blue when it runs out.

ofcourse regular wash with a rinse bucket as well and dry with waffle weave.

DSCN1235.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

autoglym what exactly??? it's like saying... "HKS, makes my car go faster, they're awesome!"

they make some good products, their bumper care one is not bad...

but there's a whole other level above autoglym :happy:

I have just upgraded from Mothers to Poorboys and I must say its far superior. No more off the shop shelf products for me. And bang for buck you cant go wrong. Next step up to try will be P21 and also want to try Dodo Juice people are saying it on par to Zymol or Swissvax ,without the cost. Just need to find someone that sell it in Oz

dude, finalinspection.com.au has been mentioned a zillion times in this thread. He sells ALL the best stuff

Swissvax

Zymol (he has a tub of Royale, $18,000 if you're interested)

Dodo

Zaino

P21s

Menzerna,

etc, etc..

Which dodo are you referring to? They have a lot of products.

Mate, poorboys is decent but just go get some Menzerna polishes, not that expensive and you CANNOT get better. You know what you're doing, so just get the best :happy:

P21s is a great BFYB product, and the new P21s100 is better again (although more $$). Swissvax Onyx is a great wax as well and not that $$.

I've seen some great results from of Dodo's range of waxes as well. So Onyx, Dodo (choose the wax depending on the car colour), P21s100 would be some great waxes to try.

Dodo's Lime Prime is one of the best pre-wax prep products available as well. Obviously suited to Dodo products, but works equally with others.

Yeah want some Dodo juice purple haze, so will drop him an email. I have two, I use a 1200w Ryobi Orbital for the heavy stuff, it is a bit fast as it runs at 1500rpm to 6000 rpm but have mastered it at those speeds, just dont use heavy pads LOL and a Ryobi ERO750VK random orbital for light paint correction and swirl removal, orbital diameter is a bit small though at just 3.5mm.

Edited by R31Heaven

• 2 weeks later...

im about to spend some time on my paint - its black & was repsrayed about 2mths ago...considering its new paint i shouldn't use clay or polish right as this cuts the paint which i dont want to do?

if im on the right track i should only use a wax to compliment the paint.

for example if i went with autoglym i would use deep shine & gloss protection.

Edited by Marko R1

Ask the sprayer about curing time, but yes, that is quite fresh paint. Perhaps give it 3 months before detailing.

In the mean time it's VERY important to give the new paint some protection, BUT also allow the paint to breathe so it can cure.

A Carnauba wax is perfect for this. I'd pick up some P21s paste wax, or even some OCW (optimum car wax) from Final Inspection, to help you with this. Both around $30, but brilliant for the money, best bang-for-buck waxes you can buy.

Build up some layers to protect the paint until it's time to detail.

Skip the AutoGlym stuff.

im about to spend some time on my paint - its black & was repsrayed about 2mths ago...considering its new paint i shouldn't use clay or polish right as this cuts the paint which i dont want to do?

if im on the right track i should only use a wax to compliment the paint.

for example if i went with autoglym i would use deep shine & gloss protection.

If its 2 pack it will be cured, if its acrylic and has had hardener put in it, it will be cured. If it is just Acrylic, give it another month before putting any sealers on it.

Edited by R31Heaven

where can i buy the 'P21s paste wax' or 'OCW' from?

carnuba wax sounds very good as well after reading this thread...

can anyone help me with this? ive looked @ autobarn & supercheapauto website & they dont stock these products - i wanna get this today :D

• 3 months later...

COMPLIMENTS to D'ELEGANCE in Western Subs of Sydney.

They tried to deliver some Zymol products to an address at Earlwood and it never arrived!

Someone in our Postal Service has it still, I presume...

Anyway, D'ELEGANCE rather than lose goodwill, replaced the whole order in exchange for direct pick-up!!!

This is Service +++ from the old days!!! :)