SAU Community

Polishes/wax

For an amateur who likes to look after their paint I really recommend the ZAINO all in one stuff.

Have done a couple of cars and very easy to use.

My process is usually

Wash

Clay

Wash

Zaino Z-AIO

Zaino Z-CS usually 2 layers

Zaino Z-8

post-194-1222037816_thumb.jpg

This is the only pic i have atm, and this is about 2 months after it was done. Zaino lasts for ever :-)

Ok long time since I have posted here so have changed my products a bit. I now use Menzerna products for the prep work wouldnt use any other. For Sealant I am using Zaino Z2 and for Wax I now use Collinite 915 lasts for 6 months :D . As a quick detailer I am using Aqua Wax, good Stuff. There are several othe products that I use but I will keep it to the main ones for now. Some pics of my Commy and the Coupe I use pics of the Dunnydore because it is Black and shows the results better.

bww1.jpg

bww2.jpg

DSCF2915.jpg

reflection1.jpg

DSCF2908.jpg

the gloss you achieve is just insane mate, but i thought you were using a Dodo wax?

NISMO: nice products, Zaino to make "some" great products. Is your black metallic or jet black?

IMO switch the Z-CS out for Z2pro, and maintain with Z8

Yeah had the Dodo, it is a great Wax, then read a test on DW who tested some of the best/dearest waxes and the Colli 915 come up pretty good in the test. I gave it a go were the Dodo was $80 and the Colli has cost me $36 from USA, so damn cheap with both Waxes having an awsome depth and gloss the Durability of 6 months the Colli won.

Edited by R31Heaven

the gloss you achieve is just insane mate, but i thought you were using a Dodo wax?

NISMO: nice products, Zaino to make "some" great products. Is your black metallic or jet black?

IMO switch the Z-CS out for Z2pro, and maintain with Z8

Hey mate, It's a jet black. No metallic flakes through it.

I went with the Z-CS simply for it's ease of use. I'm a bit of an amatuer and it's the first time I went with a higher end detailing product. I kinda shyed away from the more "pro" Zaino stuff becuase of the need to mix it before use. But have have seen Z2 layered several times with Z8 on top and it'looks great.

The other thing with Z-CS was it's all purpose useage. I used it on the mags, windows, headlights and all dirt/dust just slipped right off.

With the Z2, would you still use Z-AIO and would it be before or after?

Very happy with Zaino, but I've sold that car and now have a white GTR so unfortunately you don't get that satisfied detailed feel as much on white.

Everyone must remember that you will get varying results with any Wax or sealant if the Prep work is not done properley, using a relevant Polish first to remove imperfections is the most important part to get a good finish. The Wax will only enhance what is under it.

Yep, 100% agree. The picture of the blackk V35 I posted above, involved 1 1/2 days of correcting the paint before the first coat of anything was applied.

• 2 weeks later...

1 - Dawn dish soap wash

2 - MF dry

3 - Spot rubbing compound

4 - Fine Grade Clay, then remove resedue with MF + Meguires 2.0 Quick Detailer

5 - 3M Swirl Remover, then remove resedue again

6 - 3M micro polish with light cut pad, remove resedue again

7 - Mothers Stage 3 Hand Polish/ Glaze, remove excess

8 - Meguires NXT Paste Wax 2.0

shiney.JPG

shiney2.jpg

l_b7340782ba850f6f19c308751f376ef3.jpg

Edited by Koshi

• 2 weeks later...

is there any way to remove a deep key scratch?

it looks pretty deep.

ill try scratchX but i doubt that will do anything

will i be able to use touch up paint on it or is the only way to get it fixed is to respray the whole door?

key length is around 40cm long.. punk ass bastards

• 4 weeks later...

this is what i do

wash car using autoglym carwash.

microfibre dry

meguairs claybar

wash and dry again

polish with autoglym polish...the one for darker cars.

wax with meguairs deep crystal carnuaba wax.

this is my mates car we did...this is pics taken after the polish...no wax yet (ran out of time)

tom241108167.jpg

tom241108174.jpg

i was pretty happy with the result...but i wana get it better so i have been looking onlne for better products and i have a few questions.

firstly - what is the difference between a pre wax cleaner and a polish - are they the same thing? some online shops mention pre wax cleaner and i figure they are similar.

second - whats the go with layering waxes - especially ahrd and soft?

third - is their a kind of sealant (wax etc) that is bit longer lasting? all the carnauba waxes seem to say re-apply every 2-3 months and re polish every 6...is this to do with the synthetic vs carnauba???

im doing my car today...so i will post up pics for you all to see :D

BTW - sorry for the pic of the car used...as stated it is a mates :blink:

Edited by Gus-

• 2 weeks later...
third - is their a kind of sealant (wax etc) that is bit longer lasting? all the carnauba waxes seem to say re-apply every 2-3 months and re polish every 6...is this to do with the synthetic vs carnauba???

If you're looking for longer lasting, alot of people recommend (including me :-)) Zaino.

Most applications are expected to last 6-9 months. I've used it on a couple of cars but unfortunately none that I've had for over 6 months. But it was fine through those 6 months.

And as you've said, it's a synthetic product not a carnauba.

• 1 month later...
second - whats the go with layering waxes - especially ahrd and soft?

Most Waxs and sealants give you a better shine as you layer them, as a general concensus 3 layers will give you the best result any more does not give you any better result.

Just a couple

Zaino Z2(sealant) 6 months

Collinite 915 (Wax) 6 Months

Duragloss Total Performance Polish #105 (sealant)6months

Swissvax Concours (Wax) 4 months

Megs NXT (sealant/Wax) 2 months