SAU Community

Popping On Idle

Car is RB25DET

Mods:

Catback exhaust

HKS POD

FMIC

Recently got it back from being tuned, and it seems to be randomly poping, especially on idle and sometimes when the REVS are falling.

Due to screwed sparkplugs i had recently drove it while it was only running on 4 cylinders, but only for about 20kms in total (home then to mechanics)

Im afraid i may have burnt out the CAT. When i was driving it when it was screwed a red symbol came up on the right hand side of the dash, looked something like this:

post-22920-1154711975.jpg

It only did it tho when u were driving for a while and it went off when u let it idle for about 15secs, and then on again if the car was above 1000revs for more than 20secs

that is an exhaust temp warning light. the cat could possibly be screwed. but then it could be caused by something else. i have a pop on idle and just about idle with my current remapped ecu, but if i change back to my stock ecu it goes away.

if your cat was burnt out, you'd know about it. theres a huge rattle coming from under the car, airflow is restricted so it sounds different and power is mildly reduced - thats my experience anyway. could be nothing, take it back to the place you got it tuned and see if they'll have a look at it.