SAU Community

Has anyone.......

I've seen a lot of 300s with the '300ZX' lit up, but most are lit up in an aqua colour (from the factory). If I buy a 300ZX, I'll see if I can't put in a dark blue neon. And a separate control switch while I'm in there.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

is there more threads to the skyline badge glowing thing?

very interested can we buy the rear badge finisher thing still for a 33? or the only way is the bust the damn thing open **** it up and whack it back in? damn us rice boyz

ok here is my theory.... remove the plastic skyline part and cut out the skyline lettering with a hot knife... then lie it down on some grease proof paper and fill the cutouts with clear resin... wait for that to dry and then mount a fluro tube behind it... you can then use any color celephane you like to adjust the color...

Originally posted by ZERO

how do u exactly take out the plastic thing?

remove the black trim that sits over the boot lip (with the square cut out of the centre for the boot latch to click into) there should be about 5 clips holding this in, just yank upwards...

then you remove the grey trim boot lining thats underneath it, this will have a crap load of clips in it - just unscrew the centre bits of the clips with a phillips and pop the outer rims out...

there should be 4 bolts holding it in, 2 at either end, youll need a long ratchet to get in there... oh and there is also a little white clip in the centre of the panel, you'll need to use a flathead screwdriver to get that out, just press the little tabs in and the pull the panel out...

hope that makes sense, if not let me know and ill take some happy snaps for ya!

• 2 weeks later...

ok now go get yourself some 280+ sand paper and sand off the silver from the lettering...

then get the paint code off your VIN plate and find a place that will make the paint (2pac) up fo ya in a pressure pack... you also need a base coat and clear to go over the top...

the 2pac in a can should keep u busy for a few days, its against OH&S to supply it so your gunna have to find somewhere dodgy....

Originally posted by ZERO

SI skyline bar... yep thats done and done!