SAU Community

Nissan Gtr Cv Joints Maintenance?

ish

I did a search around and couldnt really match up any info on CV joint maitenance for r32 GTR's.

I have the slightest Clunk developing in one my front right CV joints decelerating , turning and really wanting to fix the problem. (sounds like a Camira)

Whats involved with this maintenance ?

Some other threads in other forums on different cars recommend doing the whole assembley where others just change the faulty joints etc.

Should i do both sides?

Do i have to Chase up Nissan Genuine bits or is there a stronger upgrade Available?

I thought i would ask here as i have been caught out by bad advice from mechanics that didnt know or guessing with this import in my area.

Thanks again

I did a search around and couldnt really match up any info on CV joint maitenance for r32 GTR's.

I have the slightest Clunk developing in one my front right CV joints decelerating , turning and really wanting to fix the problem. (sounds like a Camira)

Whats involved with this maintenance ?

Some other threads in other forums on different cars recommend doing the whole assembley where others just change the faulty joints etc.

Should i do both sides?

Do i have to Chase up Nissan Genuine bits or is there a stronger upgrade Available?

I thought i would ask here as i have been caught out by bad advice from mechanics that didnt know or guessing with this import in my area.

Thanks again

Ive had a few of these things fail and take the driveshafts with them.

Get your wallet ready.

Best thing to do, is order a new CV joint (Inner is around $230 or so delivered depending on the discount you get from club affiliation etc) and the boot kit for $58 and get it installed, then throw the old one out. Driveshafts, new, are in the $900 mark also depending on discount etc

As for maitenance, just have a look once or twice a month to see if the boot is cracked or split, if it is, get it replaced - easy

• 4 weeks later...

Can some one please help me with a dealer or a Contact that stock's the cv joints and boot's etc for the r32gtr ... No one in albury / wodonga has any part listings or any idea of who to source and its driving me nuts.

I want it fixed so bad!

thanks

Ok, what you need to do is get the rubber boots, and the actual cv joint :O

PM "Slide" he can get that stuff for good prices, and it will be delivered to you, so then its a simple swap - toss the old one and in with the new one

Or, if he cant help, ring PowerPlay Imports in Drummoyne and ask them to order the bits for you, they've ordered those bits before for my car - if you have to remind them just say its the same as Steve's white GTR

If you have any trouble, PM me and ill see what else i can do

This is a bit Scary!!! Have the R32's GTR spares ceased Altogether?... I have spent 2 days chasing part's for this maintenace and every nissan dealer i have spoken 2 has told me that they cant be boughtand none are in there system. Not even the whole assembly..

The CVjoint man's supplier dosent have them either

I managed to get the tech drawing from nissan.

which shows the whole shaft and the repair kit with part numbers .

Stessing!!!

CCI00003.jpg

Surley someone has / is haveing the same Cv joint problem.

What should i DO ?

EDIT! thanks N1GTR i hadnt read your reply before i wrote this PLea? u caring Bear you :O

Edited by ishh

This is a bit Scary!!! Have the R32's GTR spares ceased Altogether?... I have spent 2 days chasing part's for this maintenace and every nissan dealer i have spoken 2 has told me that they cant be boughtand none are in there system. Not even the whole assembly..

The CVjoint man's supplier dosent have them either

I managed to get the tech drawing from nissan.

which shows the whole shaft and the repair kit with part numbers .

Stessing!!!

CCI00003.jpg

Surley someone has / is haveing the same Cv joint problem.

What should i DO ?

EDIT! thanks N1GTR i hadnt read your reply before i wrote this PLea? u caring Bear you :ermm:

Looking into the same problem at the moment for a guys GTS-4. I will tell you what i find in the way of after market suppliers...