SAU Community

Syncro On 4th Is Not Happy

NickR33

Your looking at $1000+ for gearbox rebuild..

Approx. $350 + gst to pull down and replace the box..

Approx. $400 + gst to replace any parts, check everything, rebuild..

+ Parts..

hmm thank god i thought it was gonna be $2000+ still expensive tho, any place you guys can recommend for this sort of work?

How'd you end up going - find somewhere to get it done??

Reason why people recommend getting the gearbox reconditioned because of the fact that atleast you'll know what life it's lived..

And also - cubes wants a cheap second hand box ;)

I bought Redline shockproof for my GTR and just did the change, what a difference.

I also had crunch from 3rd to 4th.NO CRUNCHING NOW. ;)

Reading the specs, the Burson's sales staff after asking my car type said the redline-shockproof was the oil required for the gear box .

So why are people saying not to use it? It is on paper from redline as a dirrect replacement oil.

Try Redline first, then see if it works. Cost $110 4L approx.

Do a gear box re-build when it's nakkered

How'd you end up going - find somewhere to get it done??

Reason why people recommend getting the gearbox reconditioned because of the fact that atleast you'll know what life it's lived..

And also - cubes wants a cheap second hand box

havent't look for a place yet, the crunch is not really bad and doesnt happen all the time, im just preparing for worst case scenario.

dont worry you are not the only one, my 1-2 and 5th crunchs, but my problem is wat oil do i change to, currently its running some castrol oil, do i change over to a thick or thin, i know 2 mechanics and both are saying differently, logic says thick to stop the metal grinding, i notice redline shockproof gets mentioned alot here