SAU Community

Whats With The New Hatches These Days?

The mazda 3 MPS is a front wheel drive!

and i comes stock with 18x7" wheels!

They go pretty hard hey! :)

Go hard alright - we've got the mazda 3 pilot car(press car) from Mazda Australia. They've given it to us for 2 months to see what we can do with it. In standard trim it made 160.8 Front wheel kilowatts on about 12psi of boost. We are hoping to make another 30kw on top of that with another 4-6psi of boost.

The Mazda 6 MPS (4WD) he had made about 155awkw and went to 190awkw on about 19psi of boost after we tuned it. Both have the same engine.

Personally the Mazda3 MPS has made me consider selling my skyline as they are just such a good little car and handle so well. It will be interesting to see if DSC will handle the extra 30kw being a front wheel drive.

Go hard alright - we've got the mazda 3 pilot car(press car) from Mazda Australia. They've given it to us for 2 months to see what we can do with it. In standard trim it made 160.8 Front wheel kilowatts on about 12psi of boost. We are hoping to make another 30kw on top of that with another 4-6psi of boost.

The Mazda 6 MPS (4WD) he had made about 155awkw and went to 190awkw on about 19psi of boost after we tuned it. Both have the same engine.

Personally the Mazda3 MPS has made me consider selling my skyline as they are just such a good little car and handle so well. It will be interesting to see if DSC will handle the extra 30kw being a front wheel drive.

I think the first thing you should do is put a BIGGER turbo on it!! :P

Personally i couldn't ever go back to a front wheel drive after owning a skyline. :)

That's, what, like 210hp at the wheels from a factory hatchback! That is seriously nuts! About 30hp more than my R32 GTS-T (on standard boost)! Shit, I need either some boost or a new car, and quickly!!!

The 3MPS are unreal - a mate owns one

My fiancee and i also own a SP23 - great daily cars, nice and comfortable, good on fuel and well built with a 2.3L n/a motor.

Its pretty fun to drive - even my mate with the MPS was impressed at how well it goes and corners for n/a!!