SAU Community

How To Tell The Difference

Hey Guy's,

i have a R32 GTST, but i am unsure on what year it actualy is, guy who sold it said 91, rego says 90 and insurance says 93.

I read while back you could tell my the plaque on the firewall depending on what letter was on the end of the sequence.

Does anyone know how i can identify the year?

Cheers

Cameron

Well turns out the car is a 93 model also a type M according to FAST, i downloaded it last night.

The date on the blue plate on the firewall say 1998 and the compliance plate doesnt have a date on it :S

Edited by murrayis

Well turns out the car is a 93 model also a type M according to FAST, i downloaded it last night.

The date on the blue plate on the firewall say 1998 and the compliance plate doesnt have a date on it :S

Hahaha.. the 1998 on the blue plate refers to the displacement of the engine :P

lol yea thats what i figured the 1998 was lol, Well put it this way my insurance jsut went up $600 for telling them it was a 93 model, but then again i also told them about the respray, genuine ket, suspension and bigger turbo as well, my bad

lol yea thats what i figured the 1998 was lol, Well put it this way my insurance jsut went up $600 for telling them it was a 93 model, but then again i also told them about the respray, genuine ket, suspension and bigger turbo as well, my bad

When I got my insurance (3rd party fire/theft) I told them bout exhaust etc, which they said doesn't make much of a difference. They said the fact that its 93 increases the premium...cause i had got a quote b4 i bought the car, i used a 1991 r32 gts-t with basic mods just to get an idea and it was a fair bit cheaper than my actual quote for the real car.

But on the flipside your 93 car is now worth more than a 91 car, and would be insured for more money too, probably a grand or so more.

On the third flipside if you lied about your car they might just refuse to cover you all together :(