SAU Community

Consult Wire Connection

Yeh but i dont have the engine in a R32 so my fuse box is in engine bay?

Is there a seprate loom that goes to fuse box?

Ive got RB20DET engine with R32 Engine loom and ecu?

Can you spot where the plug could/should be from this crapy pic?

loom.jpg

Thanks Damo

hey mate yeh sorry abou tthe pic i found it on another site?

The problem i have is ive installed a RB20det into a VL and only used the engine wiring loom, how would i go wiring the consult plug into the ECU wiring loom?

• 2 weeks later...

Your consult connector is part of the dash loom.. not the engine loom. So it probably won't be found there.

But if you can grab the connector.. the CLK, RX, TX and lines can be found in any R32 ECU pinout.. So just connect them up to them, and provide ground and 12v from anywhere else.

Your consult connector is part of the dash loom.. not the engine loom. So it probably won't be found there.

But if you can grab the connector.. the CLK, RX, TX and lines can be found in any R32 ECU pinout.. So just connect them up to them, and provide ground and 12v from anywhere else.

Sorry for late reply, so all i need to do is wiring up a consult plug to CLK, RX, TX, ground and ign 12v from pinout. Whats the check wire???

I wana give this a try, where could i get a consult plug from???

Thanks alot for your help!!!

u only need check wire if u want to use it to check the fault codes by flashes on the check engine light (or something). i wouldnt bother if ur aiming to use proper consult stuff, it wont matter

for the consult connector, find a wrecker that has N14 pulsar will be the best bet.

Hey NewKleer thanks alot for your help, yeh i wouldnt have check engine light coz i did a engine conversion into another car, ive found the wires:

CLK= pin 31

TX= pin 22

RX= pin 21

12V IGN= pin 45

ground= make up new one

Does that sound all right?

just need the consult plug from either R32 or N14 pulsar.

Thanks Damo!!!

i think u want to use pins 49(ign) and 50(gnd) or pins 59(ign)/60(gnd)

i think 45 is for the ecu to know ign is turned on, rather than being an IGN on power source.

aside from that sounds good