SAU Community

Pfc Or Link Ecu?

ROB32T

the stock maf is 80mm OD same as the z32

the q45 is larger so youll need to change your intake pipework and air filter adapters as they wont fit. change to z32 is direct swap, providing you have ECU to support it. change to q45 needs pipework changes and ECU

Snoman you are the first person to give me hands on info about these link ecu's. Where did you get yours from cause advan performance seems to be the only place that has these, but then again, I've only been looking for a day or 2. Did you get the plug in, wire in, link, or link plus? I think the one I was shown was the Link plug in so I don't think I get launch and boost control. If you've got the wire in what did you get charged to install it? Does the link affect the speed sensative steering as I've heard the PFC does?

i have a plugin GTSLink, I got mine secondhand in Mackay and updated the chip through family in NZ, my mechanic has had a fair bit of experience with link, so it ended up costing me around the $300 mark from install (about an hour or 2 to setup) to dyno (around 4 hours, including road testing) to on the road.. dont know about other places, i've been at the same mechanic since i bought the car..

I didn't notice any steering changes through daily driving or at speed, or any other strange effects except power, smoothness and fuel economy..

man speaking from experence if you dont have a tuner that knows the link backward get a power fc cos i have had many people say they can tune it but relly they just play and it does not end up good.

get a power fc and be dune with it

performance wise has the cheapest I've found so far. 1495 delivered AP engineering Djetro PFC. R32 GTST

I was going to give the car to advan cause they seem to have alot of experience with the link and pfc.

The PFC will affect my speed sensative steering won't it paul?

Edited by ROB32T

there is no r32 gtst d jetro version

you can use the rb26 version on the rb20

i dont know what this "speed sensative" steering you are talking is?

are you thinking of hicas? no the PFC won't affect it

ill be infesting a pfc soon.does everyone reccoment getting it from nengun or just get one from aus? r32 gtr it will be 4? also whats this d-jetro version. im fairly new to after market comps and dont that much?

there is no r32 gtst d jetro version

you can use the rb26 version on the rb20

i dont know what this "speed sensative" steering you are talking is?

are you thinking of hicas? no the PFC won't affect it

Yeah i just checked it sorry..... my bad. AP engineering.

Na not the hicas. I can't remember where i read it on here but someone mentioned the steering problem after getting a PFC. I never heard of it either. maybe its a problem with std PFC on certain model skylines. It said something about skylines have this std. Its when your car is stationary the power steering is pretty light but as you gain speed the heavier the steering becomes. Not sure if its true.

taken from the powerfc faq

http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/docs/...powerfc-faq.htm

What is an "AP Engineering model" and do I need it?

"A.P. Engineering Original Power FC units carry the same functions as the regular Power FC units but have been specially adopted for use on car models that the regular Power FCs do not cater for. As they are an item outsourced from Apexi, their pricing is higher than the regular models." - www.greenline.jp. An example of an "AP Engineering" model is the PowerFC for the r32 gts-t.

What is the "D-Jetro" model and do I need it?

The D-Jetro Power FC units carry the same functions as the regular Power FC units but do not require the use of the factory standard air flow meter and use a mass air pressure sensor. Apart from the unit itself, use of the D-Jetro units requires additional parts that vary depending on the model." - www.greenline.jp The airflow meter (at least in the skyline range) does not pose a big restriction in terms of horsepower and one would doubt the use of the D-Jetro. If you really need massive airflow you can always change to 2 x Q45 Airflow meters and use those with the PowerFC. The skyline series are optimized for closed loop operation with an airflow meter and oxygen sensor for feedback and measuring. Cars that run on a MAP sensor system can suffer drawbacks such as manifold pressure issues in on individual throttle body system, like the rb26. Careful planning and installation care has to be taken to avoid these issues.

What is the "Power FC Pro" and do I need it?

The Power FC Pro Spec.CPU has been designed for drag racing use. These units have two additional functions over the regular units: 1. Ignition cut used for rpm limiter - Regular Power FCs cut fuel feed when the preset revolution limit is reached. At high rpm, there is the possibility of knocking when the fuel is cut in high-powered cars. The Power FC Pro CPUs cut ignition at the rpm limit to prevent the knocking that could potentially destroy the engine. 2. 0km/h rpm limiter setting - Allows for the setting for an initial rpm limiter that is active whilst the car is not in motion. This allows for mainting a rpm level for consistent launches.