SAU Community

Advice for a Pod Filter

Guest pippen24

Guest pippen24

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting a Pod Filter for my R33. Can someone give me a rough price on one of these? Also regarding installation does this need to be professionally done or does it simply click on in place of the current air filter box? I'm in melbourne so if you know of a local supplier that would be great. Im near Nunawading

Thanks

Not all POD Filters bolt on to the AFM. Quick a few need adapters like the HKS POD.

Depending on whether you have a Z32 AFM or the stock R33 AFM will make a big difference. For instance an Apexi POD bolts straight on to a Z32 AFM, but you need an adapter for the stock R33 AFM ...

My advise would be to stick away from the HKS POD. Many tests have shown that they have some of the worst filtration around. They are also an oil filter meaning you need to keep em oiled and clean regularly.

Go for a paper element if possible. Most poeple find the Apexi filter is great (not to mention it comes out trumps in most tests). I also have a HKS Filter for sale due to replacing with the Apexi POD but I'd rather chuck it in the bin than sell it to anyone as I know they're not a worthwhile investment, especially if you value your turbine fins.

Guest pippen24

Can you PM a price for your pod filter? I have the stock R33 air box so if I need a corresponding adapter, include that if you have one. Thanks heaps. How hard is it to install the adapter if required?

Simple unbolt something and clip something on or do I have to like rewire sensors and stuff?