SAU Community

New Battery For R32gtr

arep3

well its time for a new battery for the GTR.

what i would like to know from everyone is, whats the minimum battery strength thats needed for the rb26dett? im trying to get the battery into the boot under the rear bar, hard up againt the back seats. (more room under the bonnet for other stuff! :) ) there is a 170mm clearance gap there so it looks like the largest battery i can get to fit is 33amp gel deep cycle. theres enough room for 3 of these batteries which would give me a total of 99amp.

would this be overkill?

i dont wanna spend the extra money on wiring for a 2nd or 3rd battery if 1 or 2 will do the job.

then theres also the voltage booster that was recommended...

what are peoples thoughts on this 1??

about 300 cca is plenty. My old 300 cca batt worked really well. I just changed to a gel batt to stop splashes and rust etc.

I'm using a 40aH sealed gel batt - from the group buy section. I can leave my car for 2 weeks and still start. I've left my headlights on for 1 hour and it still started.

yea my car sits for long periods of time which is why i want a deep cycle. and cos they r heavy suckas is 1 reason i want it in the boot. good for weight distrubution.

i cant remember how much cca i get out of 33amp...

anybody?