SAU Community

The Sunny Coast Chat Post

Baysidebluebnr34

Hey quick question do all turbo skyline come with a factor boost gauge built in with the rpm dash gauge or whatever it is?

All turbo skylines come with a "Bar" boost gauge located in the speedo cluster (r33) and in located in the centre dash on most R34's.

Personally i like to read PSI, thus the installtion of an additional boost gauge capable of reading psi is favourable.

Let me know if you need a hand installing one, more than happy to help :thanks:

Chris

I think that everyone needs to calm down a lil and take ten deep breaths.

Not everyone is perfect with there records or information about things.

Yes i do agree the sr- rb -gtr debate has gone to far, and yes this is really only ment to be a sunshine coast thread,so can we please keep it that way and stope sticking sharp fkn bees up peoples bonnets.. the biggest man always walks away no matter how tall they stand.

Dynamix done anything to your gtr latley? Havent seen you on here much.

I'm calm, when you're angry you lose focus... ;) Uhm i'm always lurking but don't post much these days. As for the car... i've just put some HSD HR coilovers in with custom spring rates.. brake upgrade is comming tommorrow, 297 to 343mm two piece dba5000 series rotor's, ferodo 2500 pads, caliper spacer and some motul fluid.. i'll be putting those on the moment they arrive.. got a power fc waiting to go in when i can be bothered to organise a tune, ordering a carbon fibre bonnet next week, painting the rocker covers/cam cover in wrinkle finish red in a few days, ordering a whiteline handling package soon too, also doing an rb30de bottom end conversion in a 2 months with a GT40 hanging of the 26 head, should get me an easy 550 - 600hp @ wheels..

So there's a few things happening with it at the moment... we'll have to organise a meet up some time, i haven't even meet half the people in here! :)

All turbo skylines come with a "Bar" boost gauge located in the speedo cluster (r33) and in located in the centre dash on most R34's.

Personally i like to read PSI, thus the installtion of an additional boost gauge capable of reading psi is favourable.

Let me know if you need a hand installing one, more than happy to help ;)

Chris

Hey thanks SunnyCoast yeah i will proberly need a hand once i get my boost gauge and turbo timer (any recomendations on a turbo timer) Also where would be the best spot to mount the boost gauge, taken into consideration the police and them defecting me, as well as keeping the interior neat with no wires.

all this kw talk makes my head dizzy.

i'll give all ya'karnts a go with 100kw

NA Auto powah!!!! ;)

neva planned on becomin world leader, but out of curiosity what does a world leader drive? airforce one? i dont think its a 4 wheeled bike :)

u dont need 4 wheel's, u only need two :)

Children for sale!

lolz

Hey thanks SunnyCoast yeah i will probably need a hand once i get my boost gauge and turbo timer (any recommendations on a turbo timer) Also where would be the best spot to mount the boost gauge, taken into consideration the police and them defecting me, as well as keeping the interior neat with no wires.

Rabbit,

I would recommend you go toAutobahn and pick up a Trust/Greddy turbo timer on special for $99 (usually $149) - I have had to of these turbo timers and they are great. Check out the link below to learn more about them:

Greddy Turbo Timer - Website

Some of the main features that I like consist of - Digital Speed Display, 0-100 times, Timer, Countdown Timer, Racing timer, Max Speed Display, Voltage Current Display - Also has an Automatic timing function that determines how long your car needs to run down for before it will turn off.

I can install this for you if you want - Save you having to pay somone. Just wacked one into my R34 on the weekend - Very simple job.

Last time i installed one into an r33 was my one (before I sold it)...probably around 1 year ago....

As far as a boost gauge go's, we could try and find somewhere to mount it, R33Cruiser and I usually find some neat places to mount gauges. If stealth mounting is something your after, we are more then capable of helping ya out with this ;)

Hope the above helps. - I'd seriously look at getting that Turbo Timer whilst its on special (go to Autobahn Kawana and ask for "Cameron" or "James" and tell them Christian sent you in to get one of the Trust turbo timers while they are on sale. If there arent any left on the shelf, ask them to order you one in at the $99 price (if you have any problems, just let me know and i will ring them for you :) )

... No one can beat that price, well maybe Nengun - but then you pay for postage and its cost's more, and takes time to get here from japan.

Hit me back.....

Chris

Edited by SunnyCoast

Rabbit,

I would recommend you go toAutobahn and pick up a Trust/Greddy turbo timer on special for $99 (usually $149) - I have had to of these turbo timers and they are great. Check out the link below to learn more about them:

Greddy Turbo Timer - Website

Some of the main features that I like consist of - Digital Speed Display, 0-100 times, Timer, Countdown Timer, Racing timer, Max Speed Display, Voltage Current Display - Also has an Automatic timing function that determines how long your car needs to run down for before it will turn off.

I can install this for you if you want - Save you having to pay somone. Just wacked one into my R34 on the weekend - Very simple job.

Last time i installed one into an r33 was my one (before I sold it)...probably around 1 year ago....

As far as a boost gauge go's, we could try and find somewhere to mount it, R33Cruiser and I usually find some neat places to mount gauges. If stealth mounting is something your after, we are more then capable of helping ya out with this ;)

Hope the above helps. - I'd seriously look at getting that Turbo Timer whilst its on special (go to Autobahn Kawana and ask for "Cameron" or "James" and tell them Christian sent you in to get one of the Trust turbo timers while they are on sale. If there arent any left on the shelf, ask them to order you one in at the $99 price (if you have any problems, just let me know and i will ring them for you :) )

... No one can beat that price, well maybe Nengun - but then you pay for postage and its cost's more, and takes time to get here from japan.

Hit me back.....

Chris

That sounds like a bloody sweet turbo timer! haha. i think i might go get one if i can get there..hmm might today. yo also sunny let me know when ur goin out for a cruise, if ya dont mind ill tag along.

That sounds like a bloody sweet turbo timer! haha. i think i might go get one if i can get there..hmm might today. yo also sunny let me know when ur goin out for a cruise, if ya dont mind ill tag along.

Yeah, try and get your hands on one asap whilst they are cheap.

More than happy to have you out ;)

Chris

Dou you have a problem with yours counting up excessively all the time? If i drive on the highway it counts up to like 9 minutes all the time

I remember when i drove from the Sunny Coast to the Goldy....1 hour something cool down time... lol....Just set the time to 30 seconds and adjust it if need be. I think its just something related to how your car feeds information back into the turbo timer...or perhaps Greddy werent that smart when they made them...

I believe highway driving sets it off because of the higher rpm you make when travelling on the highway.

Chris

Mate pure and simple, you're f**king moron. I haven't heard someone talk so much f**king bullshit in a long time, no wonder everyone is flaming you. You're the one comparing the SR vs RB, i'm replying. You say your GT-R rev'd to 9000rpm in whoretown, you're a lier, unless your motor was built, and it's no cheap exercise building a high reving rb26, then after building such a motor why would you go sell that car off, Idiot. Yes the quickest time for a factory GT-R is 12.8, if you searched for facts you'd have know this instead of talking dribble about the SR, which no one wants to hear, as others in this thread have already said aswell as me. When did the gt-r get a shitty 7500rpm rev limit? When nissan set it at that? Oh and seeing you're just a budle if information you wouldn't need me to tell you that the r33 and r34 gt-r have a 8000rpm rev limit.

Now here's a to do list for you.

a) pissoff to ns or boost cruising

b) stop posting dribble thats not true

c) stop posting in the sunny coast thread when you're from brissy

d) stop talking about the sr vs rb in this thread, this is for sunny coast people, go start another thread if you dare

e) grow up, you're acting like a child, as others have pointed it out

hmm who said my GTR was stock u noob do ur research before talking shit. now u gonna bring me the R33 GTST 25T specs..? my GTR did rev to 9k and i have half a dozen witnesses that say so. having the kakimoto ecu kinda helps fool. oh wait u prob didnt knw kakimoto did ecus..? ha cock

so please talk more shit cause sunshine coast stinks enough with u around

you supplied me with specs of 7500rpm on the R32 have alook fool

I remember when i drove from the Sunny Coast to the Goldy....1 hour something cool down time... lol....Just set the time to 30 seconds and adjust it if need be. I think its just something related to how your car feeds information back into the turbo timer...or perhaps Greddy werent that smart when they made them...

I believe highway driving sets it off because of the higher rpm you make when travelling on the highway.

Chris

cool good to hear i am not the only one!

Good news!!!!...Rabbit, i'd get yourself over there aroun 4pm tomorrow (which is after they get thier shipment in)....

Ryda - You looking to get one?

Chris

YEAH, thanks heaps i definatly will get one, got heaps of extra's exactly what i wanted, How long does it normally take to install? (Thanks for you help i will have to give you some money or swing you some drinks)

and in reguards to the boost gauge i need to put it some where that looks neat and is easly viable while drive but does not draw attention from the police not sure where i'm allowed to mount it