SAU Community

Need Advice On Smash Repairer.

ib6ub9

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOr future references, i took my line to Barett Brothers in Fyshwick. They have been very helfull so far and have a 3-4 week quote as it will take 1.5-2 weeks just for delivery of parts. (My whole rear end is being shipped over hehe.

But yea they give me updates and that. Their place seemed heaps clean and professional

How are you going with all phil? Jerrys starting my car today apparently, wasnt happy though as it was left outside in the HEAVY AS F**K rain the other day so at least its washed down but an open engine bay with exposed harnesses and other things, theres rust on my camber adjustment points on my coilovers now... ill be after some compo or at least fixing of that...

I really feel sorry for you mate, GunMetalR33 was refering to me in his posts.... I have a candy red datsun ute that was tboned (not huge damage, and no chassis straightening required)....... it took 10 months for him to fix it.

For the first 2-3 months, every time I called and went past - "ah maite, you see, I had to order the genuine parts from OS, and it takes 2 weeks for them to get here" Every time same story whether I dropped past or called.

He then f**ked around getting the work started - "ah maaaiiitte, you see, all my workers, they quit today" (little wonder, your a bloody wanker).

So apparantely all of his workers quit, but never actually left because they were all there for the next 6 months (probably because he is such a great manager and pays them really well)

Then finally when I get the car back.... "ah maiiiitee.... the blinkers were broken right".... aahhh how does no grab you - i took the car anyway cause I wanted it the hell away from him and that poxy workshop.

And the paint job was crap - it is orange peeled in places.

f**k them - the place is called XXXXXXXXXXX - do not go there!!!!

Sorry if anyone is friends with this bloke but he stuffed me around big time and I would never ever recommend anyone goes there - and I made sure I told the insurance company everything that went on.

Anyway. enough anger venting :pirate: - Good luck getting your car outta there (and if you cant, get back in there asap and make sure that you have turned the boost down or dropped the rev limiter)

I really feel sorry for you mate, GunMetalR33 was refering to me in his posts.... I have a candy red datsun ute that was tboned (not huge damage, and no chassis straightening required)....... it took 10 months for him to fix it.

For the first 2-3 months, every time I called and went past - "ah maite, you see, I had to order the genuine parts from OS, and it takes 2 weeks for them to get here" Every time same story whether I dropped past or called.

He then f**ked around getting the work started - "ah maaaiiitte, you see, all my workers, they quit today" (little wonder, your a bloody wanker).

So apparantely all of his workers quit, but never actually left because they were all there for the next 6 months (probably because he is such a great manager and pays them really well)

Then finally when I get the car back.... "ah maiiiitee.... the blinkers were broken right".... aahhh how does no grab you - i took the car anyway cause I wanted it the hell away from him and that poxy workshop.

And the paint job was crap - it is orange peeled in places.

f**k them - the place is called XXXXXXXXXXX - do not go there!!!!

Sorry if anyone is friends with this bloke but he stuffed me around big time and I would never ever recommend anyone goes there - and I made sure I told the insurance company everything that went on.

Anyway. enough anger venting :laugh: - Good luck getting your car outta there (and if you cant, get back in there asap and make sure that you have turned the boost down or dropped the rev limiter)

OH SH#T!!!

I'm going there today at 3... I will advise on the goings on after my talk... I'm in bug trouble i think and might have to sell car as a wreck.... :)

OH SH#T!!!

I'm going there today at 3... I will advise on the goings on after my talk... I'm in bug trouble i think and might have to sell car as a wreck.... :laugh:

thats terrible man! :rant:

get angry and break 14k of stuff and whatever your cars worth and never come back :)

Ok, Here is the go,

I went in and spoke with the workshop. I have given an official letter of demand of services paid for and given him till the end of November, also explained in the letter is the fact that 2 weeks is plenty of time after what will be a total of 7 months in the shop since Full payment has been made....

So. I then went to see the person putting in the engine and he will have it back to him by wed and that will allow plenty of time. The mechanic was also quite suprised and commented on the amount of patience i have shown in this. Also in the latter it states that NRMA and the MTRA (motor vehicle repairers assoc.) who is going to insure the car will inspect it before delivery to ensure that the work is up to standard and of a quality that a certified MTRA workshop should perform.

The workshop then responded with an open yes. It will be completed and i know you need your car and again also blaming parts, and the mechanic with the engine taking his time...

I will advise the goings on on tuesday when i again visit the workshop...

Cheers....

Im amazed at that...

he couldnt get rid of my car quick enough ay.

Good luck with it man, glad youve got big gun backup to help out :P

Its sort of hard due to him haing all the money. So this was the best was to officially sort it out and get it going...

It will be so nice to have the GTR on the road again...

It will be so nice to have the GTR on the road again...

tell me about it ay.

im hoping to have mine registered in the next 3 weeks :)

so much running around to do in the meantime though

- air con regassed

- front tyres changed

- change exhaust and coilovers back to stock

- rego inspection...

itll be a very rushed job :)

tell me about it ay.

im hoping to have mine registered in the next 3 weeks :)

so much running around to do in the meantime though

- air con regassed

- front tyres changed

- change exhaust and coilovers back to stock

- rego inspection...

itll be a very rushed job :)

You Love it though....

I cant wait to do that stuff again... :)